I need a guitar around 200-300 maybe 350, and I play a mixture of stuff, I can play Green Day, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Three Days Grace, Metallica, and Led Zeppelin.
Epiphone SG or Les Paul I guess
Most of those bands (if not all) use HH guitars so those are probably some of your best bets

I'm not familiar on Ibanez, but I'm sure someone here can point you in that direction as well
Guitars
MIM Fender Telecaster
Art & Lutherie Cedar
1969 EKO Ranchero
G&L Tribute L2500

Amps
Traynor YCV40WR
Yorkville BM400H
Peavey TVX 4x10

Effects
Behringer DSP1000
Dunlop GCB95 Wah
Digitech HotRod
BBE Sonic Stomp
your friend is proberbly a noob....why not go to a shop and try one for yaself insted of takin other peoples oppions....no one in the world is gonan play liek you so get sumat to suit ya needs
Quote by joshsirjoshules
Once again...it's the NME, they're notorious for being dumbasses. I know that, and I live in Texas for Christ's sake!

"If you think you've got it, shove it out, run it up the flagpole, and see who salutes it."
id say a cheap Ibanez RG or even better an Ibanez GSA 60, its got a humbucker and 2 single coils perfect for all those types of music, and the humbucker is pretty good, Overall the GSA is great bang for your buck
Epiphone Les Pauls are good. But I think your best bet would be an Agile Les Paul. Bought from Rondo music. You can get the Agile 2800 for 312 bucks I think. And it's both beautiful looking and sounding.
Quote by rock_guitargod
your friend is proberbly a noob....why not go to a shop and try one for yaself insted of takin other peoples oppions....no one in the world is gonan play liek you so get sumat to suit ya needs

only a vet can do that without getting yelled at.

try a epi vintage g-400, 100$ cheaper than the regular g-400, hotter pick-ups and cooler looking
Epiphones are hit and miss
The only way to know is to play them, if it stays and tune and plays okay, then hold onto it. If not, put it down and pick up another one.

The pickups are not going to be great, but thats all you can do. Low end guitars have low end parts. However, they are not going to sound terrible, you will be able to get a decent sound out of them. Head down to your local shop (bring your amp along if you own one!) and play every single guitar in your price range. However, if you really like Iommis, or Page's tone then you'll probably like the SG or a Les Paul
Guitars
MIM Fender Telecaster
Art & Lutherie Cedar
1969 EKO Ranchero
G&L Tribute L2500

Amps
Traynor YCV40WR
Yorkville BM400H
Peavey TVX 4x10

Effects
Behringer DSP1000
Dunlop GCB95 Wah
Digitech HotRod
BBE Sonic Stomp
Agile seem the best bet but if you can save more, fender fat strat or strat will do perfectly, or an ibanez or jackson, try some out, most if not all guitar shops let you take a guitar of the wall and have a little play
i personally love SG's and LP's, i have a low-end epiphone as my starter guitar the epiphone LP-100, and i swapped out hte pickups, and i really, honestly think it's just as good as a guitar that's 600 bucks, I haven't played it in a while though, i guess it's time to break it outta the case, lol, i have a Schecter C-1 Elite, and it does thoes as well, but personally my favorite body style is an SG, i wouldn't go with Agile, i'm not saying they're bad at all i've never played one, but that's jsut it, unless you live near them, there's no way to try them out unless you stumble upon a used one
no this would be my second electric which I have a squire strat, and I have a Fender Frontman 25R amp.