i need to know how to cheaply soundproof a room 2 help me kik off my band its a cellar with quite a low ceiling if any1 has got any suggestions all ideas welcome thanks
you can get soundproofing panels from various places, it isnt cheap but it works ok, it wont be fully sound proof though. You really can fully soundproof something without spending ALOT of money.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Its incredibly difficult to properly soundproof a room without a huge budget. But you can reduce sound by putting carpet, wall drapes, old sheets etc everywhere. Basically, fill every spare inch of space in the room with pillows.

Oh, and make sure you cover any windows or doors. Thats where most the sound can get out.
Quote by opivy21
I hate feet. I don't even like the word toe. They're like mutated reject hands.

Quote by primusfan
Soak your testicles in battery acid. Works for some people.
cheers guys im not really that concerned if it isnt fully soundproofd i unerstand money has 2 b spent 4 that but what if i insulated the ceiling with heavy insulation and (as silly as it sounds) coverd the walls with a layer of egg cartons (for the shape wich breaks up the sound) covered wood board ?? that any good
Insulation boards (like the stuff you get in house walls) could be good for the ceiling. But don't use egg cartons. They don't stop sound as much as everyone thinks. More insulation would work better.
Quote by opivy21
I hate feet. I don't even like the word toe. They're like mutated reject hands.

Quote by primusfan
Soak your testicles in battery acid. Works for some people.
yeah egg crates work great for noise reduction, assuming your talking about the foam ones that they use on matresses, and for the cieling you can get sound proof insulation material, dont know how much it costs though.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Get sheets of plywood, cut em to the size of the wall. Carpet one side of the ply. Now addanother layer of ply to "sandwich" the carpet. Now put it on the wall. Carpet on the floor, and cover windows with some pillows.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12