A Metal Amp? Man, that would be a bitch to carry.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Maybe look out for a Roland Cube 30 or 60? How loud do you need?
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
I need something loud enough to practice with my band and to do shows and stuff.We play heavy metal almost always and hardcore for the ballads.
i say if you got the cash go for the 60, why would you wanna need to upgrade in like a year anyways. oh and if ur in a band go for the 60
Roland Cube 60 or maybe a Randall RG75/100

I haven't tried the Randall but they're supposed to make some good solid state, metal amps. Tube would probably better but there aren't many tube amps you can get for that price
^ Yup. Theres mixed feelings on the randall amps.
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
I'm right now checking the Roland and the reviews are great.I'm also going to tell you of a Peavy I just saw.
^ It's terrible, and try not to double post use the edit button instead

Odds are you're looking at a Marshall MG, which it terrible. There are the AVT's which are supposed to be a bit better but overpriced. Only get a Marshall if it's an All Tube Marshall
Metal most of the time (Usually Power, Thrash or Melodic Death) but also some Hard and Classic Rock, Occaisionally some Blues when I get around to It
I can't find that peavey.I think for now i'll go with the Roland Cube 60.Wath do you think?
the peavey would have to be used, it's better than the cube since it's tube. tons of guitarists use the 5150, the 5150 is the exact same thing as the 6505. Take a look at it's specs

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-6505-212-Combo-2x12-Guitar-Amp?sku=481433

here's one over on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/EVH-Peavey-5150-combo-amp_W0QQitemZ300024663268QQihZ020QQcategoryZ38076QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem