I've been playing electric guitar for about 2 years and half now, I'm pretty good but it just feels a little too technical and I have a hard time playing cleanly, and I'm too lazy to learn all the music theory that is required to play the guitar.

My uncle has a bass and I was playing it, it just seemed alot more fun to play then guitar and too lazy to go on (as you can see i am VERY lazy!)

should i switch

(id rather not play both because i want to really work hard on something and id rather be amazing on one then be good on both)
it seems like a bit of a waste to quit after 2 and a half years and getting 'pretty good', but its up to you...
just as much theory is required to play bass.

Hell I think it's actually easier to Jam with people when I play guitar.

Don't play bass because your lazy. If your lazy you will probably never get amazingly good at any instrument.
Quote by bluewilliams
it seems like a bit of a waste to quit after 2 and a half years and getting 'pretty good', but its up to you...
well i mean my left hand can go as fast as i can as on a guitar but i don't fingerpick soo
you should start bass, but keep your guitar, sell your amp, and save up for stuff...

what made bass more fun? lower notes? longer scale? a kind of 'stripped down guitar' feel?
i too am thinking of starting to play bass, but its not because of laziness, its because bass is awesome (although i am going to continue playing both)

although i can sympathise with you wanting to play bass out of laziness, it isnt a good idea, all instruments require some level of effort, some people may say playing the spoons requires effort beyond that of any mortal being (not many). if you are going to start bass then you should put some effort in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been playing electric guitar for about 2 years and half now, I'm pretty good but it just feels a little too technical and I have a hard time playing cleanly, and I'm too lazy to learn all the music theory that is required to play the guitar.

My uncle has a bass and I was playing it, it just seemed alot more fun to play then guitar and too lazy to go on (as you can see i am VERY lazy!)

guitar just seems more daunting than bass, more strings, less space. it doesnt mean bass is easier.
Sorry to say bud, but there is more theory and knowledge involved in the bass guitar. Bass is a supporting instrument, and you need to learn what it takes to fill that role. With guitar, you do whatever you want, and the drums and bass will have to follow and stay right in the pocket.

Another huge part to playing bass is getting your theory down. It is much harder to jam in a band with a bass than a guitar as Iluvpowerchords said. You need to know what to play, how much to play, and what modes/keys to play in. Bass takes a very developed ear to become good. And being lazy is never a good excuse for anything. The only reason you never learned any theory is just because you didn't want to.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
I started on guitar... decided to switch to bass, sold my guitar, and immediately regretted it. I say just stick with guitar...
I'd stick to the electric guitar. As awesome as bass is, if you're playing it out of laziness, I wouldn't play anything.
ha bass is like 10 times harder and the theory is even worse.

you have to like actually know how to play in time with the drums like even more than u had to with guitar.

nd improvisation is a bit harder, plus bassists never get as much credit as they should
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
When I say lazy I don't mean no work at all, I just don't want to learn every blasting thing in music theory and such.

But I don't know if i will...
If you are too lazy to play guitar, then you will be a sucky bass player too. One instrument isnt harder than the other, but different aspects are more difficult. If you cant play cleanly on a guitar, you bass playing is going to sound all farty becuase you have to fret each note cleanly, and fretting takes more pressure. If you are that lazy to give up on guitar, take up a new hobby. Like watching TV.