but it doesn't fit into any scale. How can somebody explain that. It's in c and fsharp and b appear into it? What scale can that be?
Umm hav u heard of accidentals?
Quote by hendo123456789
invincibleneo - you are one of the only people in this thread that talk sense.
A song does not need to stay in the same scale.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Quote by epiphonecoronet
but it doesn't fit into any scale. How can somebody explain that. It's in c and fsharp and b appear into it? What scale can that be?

B is in C major.......................................

For the F#, if theres no other sharps and the notes are g a b c d e F# g

Then its G major.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

why do you think its in c?
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

wasp its a famous tune, he cant tell us!
Quote by hendo123456789
hi thanks for answers. I don't know what tune it is. I was playing around and by incident i found it out. First I thought also it's in g but the base note is c so it should be c...
oh, fair enough. i thought it might be the simpsons theme tune cos i know that has a diminished fifth in it...
The Simpsons tune doesn't have a diminished fifth in it. It has a #4. It's Lydian!
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
Quote by elvenkindje
The Simpsons tune doesn't have a diminished fifth in it. It has a #4. It's Lydian!

oopsie. youre absolutely right.
Quote by epiphonecoronet
hi thanks for answers. I don't know what tune it is. I was playing around and by incident i found it out. First I thought also it's in g but the base note is c so it should be c...

It could be one of the modes of G major................ the C one w/e it is
Quote by BigFatSandwich

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Quote by feltgrape
It could be one of the modes of G major................ the C one w/e it is

aye, lydian.
Quote by bluewilliams
oopsie. youre absolutely right.

At first i thought that wasn't sarcasm.
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7
how TF do u know that? how do ya know i clicked n din paste it? U cant possibly know an ips to match its too complex and not worth the trouble? How did u know it!!???
Quote by hendo123456789
it's very simple: if you visit the main page of my site your ip's is writen into my database. And if you only download the file you don't get onto the mainpage which means that i don't get your ip. With my Mcaffe firewall i can locate the location of an ip. And yours was Bombay...I guess there aren't a lot of people from Mumbai in this forum ... so it was easy to guess it's you... by the way what trouble do you mean? I didn't do anything illegal.

But more important... did you listen to my tunepart? What do you say?
That thing is a english language phrase. Trouble = effort.

As for the tune, it seems classical. Something like Dr.Zhivago or something.

I would like to point out something to u, this is probably a tune u heard a long time ago. Now somehow its just coming back to u. Now I would say its the beginning of ur aural skills, in which u are able to play things which are in ur head. Develop it, its very veery very very very important. These things used to n still happen to me.
Quote by hendo123456789
Hello invincibleneo!

Yes I think you're right ... i think I'm developing the skill you described with very simple tunes. I really like that, because I never thought that i would reach that point. My question: what are the next stages?
Your next stage would be to be able to transcribe tunes by hearing them with your guitar. Spend dedicated time for this. Include it mandatory in ur practice because when u hav a good ear u can do a lot. Trust me a real whole lot. In short, ur able to do things which u havnt even learnt just because ur ear can pick it up directly.

Also:

1) try transcribing without the guitar.
2) Try Recognizing intervals.(For this you could goto www.musictheory.net and goto ear training sections where the software trains u for scales, chords, intervals)

But I recommend u start musictheory.net ear training with intervals. Then scales, chords.

3) Compose 2-3 notes melody in ur head and try writing them on staff AND play it on the guitar.

There are more stuff, search n u shall find.
Quote by hendo123456789