OK, so I've been playing for a bit over a month and I've had enough of my brother's crappy 2w mini marshall half stack. I've kind of narrowed it down to the Roland cube 30 and the Vox AD30VT. (if anyone has any other recommendations around the same price please say). Leaning more towards the vox from what i read.

I have a Yamaha Pacifica 112MX and will be playing rock/classic rock/blues etc, and hopefully some shred when (if) I get good enough. No metal.

Oh, and am I right in thinking that either of these amps will be heard over a drummer?

Thanks
Vox all the way.

As of what I've heard roland is for metal. Vox is good.
Quote by hendo123456789
invincibleneo - you are one of the only people in this thread that talk sense.
Quote by aaron13
from what i know cube. its great for those types of music and the new cube 30x has a great acoustic simulator and abunch of new features check it out http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=822&ParentId=57
theres a video with some guy playing it if you wanna see how it sounds

I must admit it sounds pretty awesome, and more features are definitely a bonus. The X models aren't available until late autumn over here though
just get the cube id say
its great. even the regulars. i cant find them anywhere iether i guess there not available here yet. idk im gonna buy a cube 60 soon lol. i waws looking at that vox on musicans friend it didnt seem as good as a cube.
Whos space?

Counter strike source = ddextromethorphan

add me
Vox is about the tone. It might not have those features, but those features any which ways is meant for the FX pedals, aint it? Vox has a classic rock tone, blues. Thats the kind of stuff he mentioned. You gotta remember that the tone VOX offers is because of the VALVE. Cube doesnt have that.
Quote by hendo123456789
invincibleneo - you are one of the only people in this thread that talk sense.
I'd get the Vox. Vox is much more versatile. It does a decent metal tone using the Nu-Metal setting (though might be a bit poor for metal enthusiasts) but has plenty of great tone, loud speaker, and 11 different amp models and effects. Plus the channels and everything are digital. Get it, it's a bitch to get your head around at first but once you have it sorted, then it's gonna rock!
Quote by invincibleneo
Vox is about the tone. It might not have those features, but those features any which ways is meant for the FX pedals, aint it? Vox has a classic rock tone, blues. Thats the kind of stuff he mentioned. You gotta remember that the tone VOX offers is because of the VALVE. Cube doesnt have that.

one thing though is that the vox is not a true valve amp, it is only a hybriad amp (ss with a tube) nothing wrong with it though. the vox sounds awsome.

one seggestion though if you can try and save up for the ad50vt maybe, I have heard its meant to have a better speaker in it or something along the lines of that. plus the vox also has the power knob in the back so you can adjust your wattage. play both amps and see what you prefer though.
John Frusciante
member #1 of the John Frusciante and Red Hot Chili Peppers UG fanclub PM samlynch to join
JIMI HENDRIX
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
John Petrucci
SRV
Thanks for the comments... I'm gonna think it over. TBH the 50w version is probably over kill - it's only gonna be used in my room, jamming with friends and ocasionally with my brother on drums.

Not really practical to try them both - not many guitar shops around and even less that stock these amps (probably).

Anyone esle have any opinions?
Just try them out. Everyone is going to be like "cUbE pWNs!" or "vOX iS l33t!", but it is all preference for the tone. I personally like the Vox series. They have a warmer tone and can get heavy enough for me to play metal.
OK I just ordered the Vox... I'm happy

Would've liked to try them out but like I say it's not really possible.

Anyway cheers for the help guys.
I would've recommended the 50 watt as well. While the AD30VT has great sounds, the stock speaker isn't great. It's actually disappointing to me. The AD50VT has a superior speaker. But oh well.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by 5kuzgib
OK I just ordered the Vox... I'm happy

Would've liked to try them out but like I say it's not really possible.

Anyway cheers for the help guys.

congratulations and enjoy!
Marty