So I'm looking for a new tube amp around 800-900 euro's with a maximum of 1000 euro's (100-150 euro's subsidised by my parents in that case).

A few possibilities which I've looked at;

Vox AC-30 CC1 or CC2 or Vox AC15 with Alnico Blue speakers between (between 800-1000 euros)
Peavey Classic 50 (used) for 795 euro's
London City halfstack (850 euro's) (note; London City is a dutch brand which makes "Marshall clones" they feature nearly the exact same circuitry but are made in China and quite some have reliability issues though the new series should be good)
Marshall DSL401 or TSL 601 (750 or 1050 euro's)
ENGL Thunder 50 (800 euro's)
Ashdown PeaceMaker (700 or something)

Now I'll describe my style; I play Rock and some experimental stuff and I love to play Satch, hendrix, Muse, Pink Floyd and that kind of music. I want to be able to have a nice sparkling clean sound and a clean sound with a li'l bite and a nice crunch overdrive which can be boosted to have high-gain overdrive so I can pull off Satch solo's.

I would love some advice which amp would suit my style and which amp is versatile... I haven't had the fortune to test all of them...
i would say go with a marshall or an ENGL personaly? marhslal willl give you that awsome classic rock crucnh tone!
GEAR

ESP LTD Viper 400 with EMG 81s
Jackson Dinky DXMG with EMG 81/85
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Ashdown Fallen Angel Cab 120W 4X12
Keeley Modded SD-1 Overdrive
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
Well I heard it does have nice cleans when it gets past 5 or 6 or so I heard, haven't been able to try that out though...

Anyone else?...
nah, DSLs cleans r alrite, not a fender twin in anymeans, but wot would u want more!!!! awsome cleans or awsome distrotion???
GEAR

ESP LTD Viper 400 with EMG 81s
Jackson Dinky DXMG with EMG 81/85
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Ashdown Fallen Angel Cab 120W 4X12
Keeley Modded SD-1 Overdrive
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
Either the AC30cc2 with an overdrive to boost it into harder territory,
or that London City amp, sounds interesting (try one out of course) and see if you like it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I need both!! But I can't afford boutique amps or anything like that, I just need a very good value for that price. I dont need fender cleans but just sparkling cleans that have a li'l bite

Edit; @ RHCP, I tried one out for a bit and I think it's awesome but I need to compare it to a Marshall first I think, I definately prefer it above the Peavey Classic. I just need to try the Vox and Marshall but I'm not sure about the voicing of the Vox, wont it sound too vintage? I like vintage tone but my general tone is something more smooth and heavier.

And another note; I can get someone in the local area do a mod on that London City amp to get an exact replica of the Marshall JTM series, I"m not sure which one but the older Marshall series (Plexi's or something..) It will cost something like 100 euro's...
Last edited by Aetius at Sep 10, 2006,