this may be a stupid question but how can Wal-Mart sell such good strings. The GHS Boomers. I recently bought some cause i was low on money and had a gig the next day.
So after the gig i was planning on buying some Ernie Balls (my preferred brand) and i tried as hard as my pick would let me to break the strings and they wouldnt break. Again, how can Wal-Mart sell such good strings???
Tradition MTQ Series Electric Guitar
Excel Strat Knock-off
Marshall MG10CD Combo Amp
Behringer V-AMPIRE LX120 Combo Amp
MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive Stompbox
Korg Tonework AX10G Multi-Effects Processor
Danelectro Fab Metal Distortion Pedal
Fred Meyer carries Gibson strings. Best Buy carries Boomers too. Its not that hard for a company like Wal-Mart to go like "Hey...we want to sell some strings." And yeah. lol
well i once used to use GHS, and they like, broke ALL the time. one even got inside my skin coz it wroke while i was playing. now im using d'addario and im very happy with em.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by salvagedsouls
this may be a stupid question but how can Wal-Mart sell such good strings. The GHS Boomers. I recently bought some cause i was low on money and had a gig the next day.
So after the gig i was planning on buying some Ernie Balls (my preferred brand) and i tried as hard as my pick would let me to break the strings and they wouldnt break. Again, how can Wal-Mart sell such good strings???

i had a brand new pair of boomer they broke after a day of use and they sound liek **** IMO
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
could someone translate that last post for me please?
zakk wylde uses ghs strings. so anyone that says they are shiity should take it up with him.
Right nnow I'm using GHS Zakk Wylde Signature strings and they're kickass.I'll stick with them until I have my own signature strings,just in a few minutes.
The Wal-Mart here sells Gibson strings.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
I'm actually very fond of GHS strings. I used the GHS Eric Johnson 10 or 11 gagues and I loved them. Now I'm using GHS Boomers which I don't like as much (just preference) but they aren't bad.

And I saw some GHS bass strings lying around Walmart once. That was kinda weird, I didn't realize they sold them either.
Quote by Mascot
Calm down.

I'm not saying it again.
I use GHS Nickel Rockers, 10's, and they're awesome.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
ill take it up with the world Balls are best
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
could someone translate that last post for me please?
ive used the gbxl's 9-42 since the 80's. tried many others over the years but always back to the boomers.