i've seen so many dream guitar, bass rig threads its unbelevable, but what about dream recording setups? if you had an unlimited amount of money, what kinda recording gear would you buy?
i'll post mine later
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
First I'd build a nice house, not too big, not to small, with a completely soundproofed basement, with ideal conditions for no corrosion of isntruments. I'd live upstairs though Anyways, here's how the rooms would go:

Control Room - Rectangular shape, with a huge window panning across one of the narrow ends overlooking the performance room. I'd have two awesome studio monitors positioned in perfect stereo for where I'm sitting. I'd have a huge mixing console being used a control surface for my computer, which is the heart of the studio. The computer runs linux (yeah, free stuff, whatever) with ardour. The monitor will be directly infront of the chair but not blocking the window. I'd use three daisy-chained firepod's as interfaces, making for simultaneous 24-track recording from XLR inputs. I'd have one wireless headphone transmitter, the best I could possibly get, supporting a transmit to at least 4 headphones at a time, which would be worn by the performers. I would have a patchbay in the wall between the control room and performance room to easily connect and disconnect intruments to and from the firepod inputs. I'd upgrade my computer to a topoftheline AMD X2 system, but my computers pretty good right now. I'd put some couches in the room to just chill on and listen to music. I'd also have a little beer fridge that could be turned off when mixing. And a 19" rack full of modules to insert into the mix, but most of my effects will be done in the software. Oh, and I can't forget an 88-key midi controller.

Performance Room: One grand piano, a vintage organ, and a few snyths. At least one Telecaster and Stratocaster. A few Les Pauls and some hollow-bodies. At least 4 different acoustic guitars. I'd just buy one of everything Since I'm a billionaire. And a few electric and acoustic basses. For amps, four Vox AC30 stacks. A couple high-end Marhsall and fender amps. A few ampeg bass amps. And a bunch of electro-acoustic amplifiers. A huge pearl drum set. I dunno, at least 20 pieces. I'd have at least 10 Shure SM-57's and a few SM-58's, and a kick drum mic, which is it for dynamic mics. I'd get a bunch of small-diaphragm condensers, probably numan brand, same for large-diaphragm, but those will be used in the vocal booth. The walls would be acoustically treated, but I'd still want a little bit of natural reverb.

Vocal-Booth - Just a few large-diaphragm condensers and a pop-filter. That's about it.

I wish
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
Control Room - Rectangular shape, with a huge window panning across

[spoiling dreams]That would have bad acoustics [\spoiling dreams]

My Control would have a big ass Mac,with protools. I'd have a big ssl mixing board. Avalon preamps,neuman condenser mics,and atleast 10 sm57s and 5 sm81's. A whole frickin computer full of plugins and effects. I would have window leading to my 2 live rooms and 1 vocal booth.Martin acoustics, gibson and fender electrics and many marshall and mesa boogie amps. To top it all off, a fridge stuffed with oodles of goodies
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
Quote by guitarfan93
[spoiling dreams]That would have bad acoustics [\spoiling dreams]

Well then I will call in some experts to make it better
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation