Ok. I want a new amp. Yep. BUT I can't find any sound bytes or whatever on the Ashdown amp and no music stores nearby sell em.. And on some gear they don't even allow trying it out D: I want a tube amp. And I have abudget of £400.. Maybe up to £500. I play stuff like Trivium, Metallica, In Flames, Pantera.... I would also like fairly decent cleans. Oh yeah, I forgot... I can't buy off of eBay cos credit card fraud was done against us last time we bought form there so my parents dont trust it T-T

HELP ME!
Last edited by Untitled001 at Sep 10, 2006,
A 5150/6505 can get a good Pantera tone, but nothin will get you closer than a Randall Warhead, I ****ing love that amp!
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
ARGH ****ING BITCH!

Found a Triple Recto Head and Cab on eBay for £200 unused...

I'm so gonna cry if my brother doesn't let me use his paypal D:
peavey XXX gets my vote.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
^It's gonna go up in price, duh.

For that music I'll suggest either a Peavey 5150 or XXX, a Marshall JCM900 combo or a Marshall TSL combo.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Last edited by R_H_C_P at Sep 10, 2006,
Quote by Untitled001
Found a Triple Recto Head and Cab on eBay for £200 unused...

Sorry to say dude...but no way. Its probably like the first day of that auction. And you probably dont want a Triple Recto.

Used XXX is the way to go!
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Sorry to say dude...but no way. Its probably like the first day of that auction. And you probably dont want a Triple Recto.

Used XXX is the way to go!

Here it is

Started 3 days ago. 1 day 13 hours left. Selling cos no room for it in apartment... And half of the suggestions that have been here already are like stupidly over the price that I said... Peavey 5150 combo = £1100 XXX = £900... It gets worse =/
Quote by Untitled001
Here it is

Started 3 days ago. 1 day 13 hours left. Selling cos no room for it in apartment... And half of the suggestions that have been here already are like stupidly over the price that I said... Peavey 5150 combo = £1100 XXX = £900... It gets worse =/

Just wait and see bro lol in the last 5 minutes of the auction it will jump up another 1-2 grand. Even if it did sell for 200...I wouldnt do it. No pics or proof that its what he says it is...
^Yup, it looks dodgy, no pics, and he hasn't actually described the amp, just copy and pasted a load of specs from somewhere.
Don't be afraid to care"

Yeah I thought about it and thought the same thing... But it says "email me for pics" so I'm gonna tell him to get a piece of paper write his username on it and take a picture of him standing next to the amp :P Or maybe do a vid of it playing and him in it.

And plus... He became a member to sell that item cos he registered on the same day if you look properly :P
Quote by Untitled001
so I'm gonna tell him to get a piece of paper write his username on it and take a picture of him standing next to the amp :P Or maybe do a vid of it playing and him in it

Dude go all the way... get him in a man-thong and have him staple your name to his buttcheeks. THEN youll know hes fo realz...

*looks around*

*walks away while whistling*
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Dude go all the way... get him in a man-thong and have him staple your name to his buttcheeks. THEN youll know hes fo realz...

*looks around*

*walks away while whistling*

Pretty good idea.... If he does it I'll be very surprised

Hope hes not some fat guy D:
^Maybe, but that pic idea is faultless.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
^Maybe, but that pic idea is faultless.

Unless he'll liek photoshop himself in...

Oh for god sake even IM thinking a bad things D:
Haha, I love this place.
Don't be afraid to care"

If you re looking at an amp you want but doesnt give the exact sound try experimenting with different pedal.
Quote by DROUGE1
If you re looking at an amp you want but doesnt give the exact sound try experimenting with different pedal.

... Thanks for the info?
Quote by DROUGE1

LMAO. And in English that means....?
Quote by DROUGE1

Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
i still say XXX. pantera/trivium are brighter tones for the most part. and the XXX is a brighter more agressive amp. i dk, instincts say you're an XXX guy.

/thread
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile