Ok, I've been playing for little under a year. I currently have a J. Reynolds for starting. I was asked about 3 days ago to join this band because a bass player had moved and I was practically the only one in our school, along with that guy, who plays bass. I think were going to be playing alot of heavier pieces and maybe alittle grunge every so often. I need a better sounding/new bass. My price range is anything under 500. Cheaper would be nice Want it as soon as I can get the money I've looked at a few Ibanez, some Fenders, and some Rickenbackers. It seems they are pretty good, but I don't know which to choose and what type of Ibanez or fender or whatever. Hell, I don't even know if there are more great brands out there! What do i get?
A better amp.
RIP SYD
Member #6 of the "SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4lifeSZ to join.
what about washburn? they have really good basses
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
ibanez SR500's are pretty renowned, or fender standard jazz bass.

or a new amp, as Bob said.
:Shock: I started on a J. Reynolds!

Yeah, but I agree with "BobFromReboot". Get a better amp 1st.
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

Quickstrike of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Bass Militia's Resident Viking PM jazz_rock_feel
Dean Guitar Basses are just awsum but i dnt no if they ar available in the US

I personaly hav jst bought a Stagg XB-300 and thats gr8

Good luck bass hunting
I don't care if there's peace or war
So long as i can still burn things!
No, my amp is great. It's Crate and its big enough and totally packs a heavy metal punch. I just need a good priced bass. heh J. Reynolds was a good buddy.
Ahh, sorry if i over looked the fact you have a good amp. I still have my Reynolds but just for kicks. I personally love the sound of Warrick. Have you thought about possibly stepping up from a 4 to a 5 string?? It might be right up your ally because you mentioned you like your Crates metal tone. O, one other thing. From my experience don't buy unless you've played it 1st. I've had some bad experiences with buying 1st and asking questions later...
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

Quickstrike of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Bass Militia's Resident Viking PM jazz_rock_feel
even my little 12 watt practice amp by Crate has a decent metal tone. i love it to death. Honestly man, i would go to a 5 string if you're looking for a new bass. Check out an ibanez sr305. of course, the black one
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Under 500 not to burst you bubble but Rickenbackers are out good fenders are out and I would have suggested MusicMan but they are out aswell... personally I would go for an Ibanez they have some pretty good best bang for your buck stuff
Co-Founder of The Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or timmEH to join

#1 Rush / Yes fan of The Bass Militia
PM Dinky to join

Founder of The Ernie Ball MusicMan owners club and proud owner of a Black Sapphire Bongo 4 HHp
PM me to join
Quote by SG thrasher
How 'bout Warrick?

Warwick
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by Your41Plague12
even my little 12 watt practice amp by Crate has a decent metal tone. i love it to death. Honestly man, i would go to a 5 string if you're looking for a new bass. Check out an ibanez sr305. of course, the black one

agathis generally is a bad wood...
Quote by blkdragon666
Dean Guitar Basses are just awsum but i dnt no if they ar available in the US

I personaly hav jst bought a Stagg XB-300 and thats gr8

Good luck bass hunting

He who recommends Stagg doesn't have much experience with basses...

And what's with all the Fender/Ibanez? Yes, they are good instruments but damn...

Spector makes some fo theg reatest basses I've ever laid my hands, Music Man basses are also great...assuming you can afford them.

And ESP...brutha's and sista's of the bass guitar, here my word, ESP makes some of the most impressivley bad ass basses out there.
Quote by Counterpoise
He who recommends Stagg doesn't have much experience with basses...

And what's with all the Fender/Ibanez? Yes, they are good instruments but damn...

Spector makes some fo theg reatest basses I've ever laid my hands, Music Man basses are also great...assuming you can afford them.

And ESP...brutha's and sista's of the bass guitar, here my word, ESP makes some of the most impressivley bad ass basses out there.

i played an ESP and it made me just feel dirty, kinda like i just stepped in dog **** barefoot.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
How about a Ibenaz 5 string sound gear SR405? It's made out of light maple...durable?

Last edited by CrazyEyes126 at Sep 11, 2006,