hey peeps are washburn electrics good guitars? ive been looking at a Washburn X8 double-cutaway electric guitar which features two single coil and one humbucking pickup. ive also been looking at a Washburn X12QVS with sealed schaller style tuners, heavy metal control knobs and a smooth, fast hard maple neck with rosewood fingerboard. it comes with 2 humbuckers, three position switch and a hardtail

anyone think these are good ideas? the place im getting them from is selling the X12 for 173 and the X8 for 189. the X8 comes with a 12-watt amp tho.
Are you new to guitar? If so ,sure the pack is good ,but otherwise get something else.
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
well ive been playing for about 3 months and i dont want a beginners guitar becuz i think i can play more than wat a beginners guitar is worth (im not trying to be full of myself haha. but ive been looking for a good guitar thats within a 100-300 dollar range. but i really dont want it around 300 cuz im getting an amp for 150 from a friend and im on a tight budget.
ok can you buy used from a store?
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
nopeee not many guitar stores around where i live and the one or two there are sell really crappy guitars in my opinion.
the cheap washburns suck, but if u spend a good $500 u could get a decent washburn. I have a custom washburn and its insane.
well the washburn X8 listing price is 399 but this place is like selling for a really good sale. and the other one is listed as 399 tooi think
it doesnt mean crap taht they are selling it for that they do that for every guitar my guitar's Msrp was like 650 the sold it for 400$
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
the reason i said that is becuz the person said cheap washburns are crappy but i dont really thing 400 dollars is cheap and since thats the listing price then...yea...
First of all, those guitars are both beginner guitars. They're decent, but nothing special.

I suggest you look at the X30. It's about $350, but it's a great guitar. It's the same shape as the one you're looking at, but sounds and feels nicer. It would be an upgrade, while either of the two you mentioned would just be another beginner guitar.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
dangg....so let me try and turn this thread a little

im looking for an electric guitar (duh). i mainly play punkish songs, indie, soul songs from bands like switchfoot, sum 41, bowling for soup, stellar kart, linkin park...so on. my budget i guess is from 100-300 but i guess a lot of listing prices are high and i can find some in my range thats not a list price. so if you hav like links to guitars withing these ranges thatd be tyte
And, just for your future reference, list price means absolutely nothing. Both of the guitars you mentioned go for under $150. They aren't $400 guitars. They're $100-$150 guitars.

Don't EVER listen to a salesperson tell you "oh this is a great price!" and bullsh*t like that. They're trying to make a sale, and all they see in you is some kid with some cash in his pocket who will listen to whatever they say.

Also, that 12w amp you mentioned is garbage. One came with my WI14 and it was so bad that traded it in on a hardshell case.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
yes i kno the amps that come with it are crap. thats wat all reviews say.
RG321MH.
And most of the bands you listen are pretty much for beginners.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
.....What did I just say about list prices? DO NOT PAY ANY ATTENTION TO THEM!

www.musiciansfriend.com

^That site sells all of their stuff for as low as they can. If a store won't match their price, go somewhere else.

As for the guitar for you, I suggest you save another $50-$75 and get something really nice. Epiphone Les Paul Classics are great, Washburn WI64's, X30's, X33's...Or, if you save up another $100, you could get a really nice Fender Stratocaster or Telecaster.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
i wish there were jobs for 12 year olds like myself...the only way i get money is for freakin report cards. like 60 dollars an A but im not the best at doing my homework and studying for tests...haha
Quote by CamPie
dangg....so let me try and turn this thread a little

im looking for an electric guitar (duh). i mainly play punkish songs, indie, soul songs from bands like switchfoot, sum 41, bowling for soup, stellar kart, linkin park...so on. my budget i guess is from 100-300 but i guess a lot of listing prices are high and i can find some in my range thats not a list price. so if you hav like links to guitars withing these ranges thatd be tyte

Yes. You did say something about list prices.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
oh but i got a come back for that lol. i posted that before you posted the info about list prices meaning nothing. so i did not gain the knowledge until after i posted that