Anyways I've recently been gettin familiar with the beautiful sound of 2 guitar harmonies, and anyways I just have a question, im well aware they can be played in intervals such as thirds,fourths,fifths or octaves for example..but what does thirds mean? can anyone help please? thanks
the third note from the root, for example in A the third would be C, B would be D, etc. it's not that complicated
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
it's all based on teh major scale. so for example you would play a note, and to harmonise it with a third, you would go up 3 notes on the major scale
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
Quote by SOADrox429
the third note from the root, for example in A the third would be C, B would be D, etc. it's not that complicated

Well, it's a bit more complicated than you've made it, obviously, because a major third from A is a C#, and from B is a D#.

Now, there are both major and minor thirds, and generally harmonies that are structured like that are referred to as harmonies 'in thirds'. Basically the harmony of a minor third is three frets away (3 half-steps) and a major third is four frets away (4 half-steps).

Slurgi
Quote by Slurgi
Well, it's a bit more complicated than you've made it, obviously, because a major third from A is a C#, and from B is a D#.

Now, there are both major and minor thirds, and generally harmonies that are structured like that are referred to as harmonies 'in thirds'. Basically the harmony of a minor third is three frets away (3 half-steps) and a major third is four frets away (4 half-steps).

Slurgi

oh yeah, i forgot that it depends on what scale you're using
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
and it goes according to chord scales. so the C major scale, in three part harmony (root, third, 5th) would look like this

C Dm Em F G Am Bdim

which is derived from the formula for harmonizing all major scales:

I ii iii IV V vi vii

in which capital letters are major, lowercase letters are minor, and the vii chord is diminished. so take the scale that you're in, apply this formula, and add the correct major or minor thirds, and for three part harmony, add the perfect or diminished fifth as well.
"You are amazed that it is so easy to infect men with the war fever, and you surmise that man has in him an active instinct for hatred and destruction... I entirely agree with you."

--Sigmund Freud in a letter to Albert Einstein