I just bought a RG1570 the other day and I am going to be changing the strings. The salesmen who sold me the guitar basically told me it would be nightmare changing the strings because it will be very hard to get it back in tune. Is there any truth to this or was he trying to sell me the service plan? This is my first guitar with a tremolo system like this, so my question is how hard is it really to retune these guitars with the Edge Pro tremolo system? Any advice or tips?

Thanks.
he was just trying to sell you the service plan, go to floydrose.com or something like that, google it, and look at their tutorial how to change strings, idk how to exactly, seeing as the only one i've ever changed strings on was a speedloader, lol
good luck my friend...and no he wasn't bsing, it's gonan be a pain the first couple times.
i lost my virginity. can i have yours?

Member #18 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join

One nation, under a fictitious almighty power
just stick to the same gauge string and you should be ok. Floyd roses r a pain sometimes! he was probably trying to sell u the service plan!
I just changed mine last night. I didn't think it was too bad but I'm fairly mechanically inclined.
change the strings one at a time (i.e. don't take them all off, take one off, replace it, etc.), and with the same guage, and preferably same brand. if you do, it shouldn't be too hard to tune. it should be near enough balanced as it is, if you do that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
change the strings one at a time (i.e. don't take them all off, take one off, replace it, etc.), and with the same guage, and preferably same brand. if you do, it shouldn't be too hard to tune. it should be near enough balanced as it is, if you do that.

Thanks, I will try that.
^^
yes, do that, but once you get used to changing the strings, be sure to remove all of them at once and clean off your fretboard, ive been meaning to clean mine for a while : (
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
^ aye, you want to do that every so often, but i doubt he needs to do it after his first change.

when you DO need to remove them all at once, slide something (like a 9 volt battery, but anything rigid) under the trem, to hold the tension of the springs when you take the strings off.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?