About how hard would you guys consider the song Dee by Randy Rhoads to be, its on the Blizzard of Oz album. I have been playing for 1.5 years and just learned it the other day.
Quote by flyingjew34
Practice Practice Practice man. You can't get better at anything without practice. Oh, and mustard too.

I play like I'm breaking out of jail.

--Stevie Ray Vaughan
Eh... it's pretty easy... took me about 10 minutes to learn and I learned it at about 1.5 years too.
Why does it matter?

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Because I dont take lessons and I am curious how well I am progressing. Thats all
Quote by flyingjew34
Practice Practice Practice man. You can't get better at anything without practice. Oh, and mustard too.

--Stevie Ray Vaughan
So do you think I am doing all right or am I behind where I could be?
Quote by flyingjew34

--Stevie Ray Vaughan
Ive been playing for 7 months and i can play this song. Just little slower.
But i dont know, i practice everyday and i take lessons.
How quickly you get good is dependent upon very few things:
1. How much you practice (75%)
2. How much natural aptitude you have (15%)
3. The quality of your gear - assuming that what you have is at least reasonably playable - (10%)

Sure, those numbers are arbitrary, but they paint the picture well enough. They do assume a certain level of either competent instruction or diligent independent study from good sources. IMHO, competent instruction will beat diligent independent study any day of the week, but the key there is "competent."

I'd say that if you are playing Dee by 1.5 years, you're doing totally fine... in fact, quite well. If someone else is progressing faster than you, then big whoop. Be happy with where you are.

Chris
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Thanks, thats good to hear man
Quote by flyingjew34

--Stevie Ray Vaughan