i'm going to see him in a week and i was wondering what to expect: what songs he'll play, how long he plays, how is playing is...etc

so if anyone here has seen him, tell how it was
i have! i saw him in sheffield. it was ace but i will say that he doesn't talk At all between songs (which diehard fans should know by now), he'll say a couple words at the start but then he jus gets into the groove. he plays most of the well known ones i.e. layla (which was so awesome!), wonderful tonight, he Might play tears in heaven, cocaine etc., he does some off his new album, sometimes does i shot the sheriff (he did for us) that sorta thing.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
Here he played after midnight, crossroads, layla, cocaine, pretending, Nobody Knows You When You're Down & Out, I'm tore down and a lot more.
I was kinda dissapointed to be honest. He didn't play sunshine of your love (ofc it's cream, but still), nor white room.
the slide guitarist played better than clapton, so it was kinda weird.
He didn't have any real personality, he was just doing his thing but didn't really get into it.
Member of the Ten Years After Fanclub.
PM TheHeartbreaker or VR05 to join
Quote by Pineapple17
Here he played after midnight, crossroads, layla, cocaine, pretending, Nobody Knows You When You're Down & Out, I'm tore down and a lot more.
I was kinda dissapointed to be honest. He didn't play sunshine of your love (ofc it's cream, but still), nor white room.
the slide guitarist played better than clapton, so it was kinda weird.
He didn't have any real personality, he was just doing his thing but didn't really get into it.

That slide guitarist is Derek Trucks from the Allman Brothers and Derek Trucks band.

Does Derek Trucks play solo's on stage or does he just do little filler stuff?
"There is no dark side in the moon, Matter of fact, its all dark"

Are there any queers in the theatre tonight?

*Official Deadhead*
I'll be seeing him this coming Thursday. I CAN'T WAIT!!! I'll post here probably next Friday (September 22) to tell you guys how it went.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
I'm seeing him on the 26th . Near front row seats, he better be good.
Administrator of the "Guitarists born in 1991 Club" PM me or greendayguitar to join.

Feel free to add me
Quote by I Play Guitar!
i'm going to see him in a week and i was wondering what to expect: what songs he'll play, how long he plays, how is playing is...etc

so if anyone here has seen him, tell how it was
His setlist has been mostly the same throughout this tour...he's done a couple of rotations and changes in the song order though.

Here are the setlists to all his European dates.
http://www.whereseric.com/tour/european-tour-2006/
You'll probably get around 20 songs or so...should easily be about 2 hours, plus Robert Cray is opening.

Have fun everyone who's seeing him. I'm hoping to get tickets, it's not looking good though.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
I saw him in Manchester and he kicked ass. I mean I would have liked to see more Cream stuff coming through as well (they did play Crossroads as an encore), but other than that I can't really complain. I thoroughly enjoyed the evening. Robert Cray and Derek Trucks just made it better.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Saw him in Birmingham. It was awesome. He played lots of classics, and some new stuff. He opened the evening with a excellent performance of Pretending, and finished it with Crossroads, which was amazing. You will all enjoy it.
i saw him in vienna, amazing show, he played some of his better classics, (cocaine, wonderful tonight, etc) and alot of his new stuff, he had 2 amazing guitarists with him, one of them plays lefthanded with his guitar strung the wrong way so the low e is closer to the floor, very strange. anyway dont forget to get a tshirt and a bag of picks!
^^that guitarist you are talking about is Doyle Bramhall II.
Quote by Thefallofman
Quote by MountainJam
That slide guitarist is Derek Trucks from the Allman Brothers and Derek Trucks band.

Does Derek Trucks play solo's on stage or does he just do little filler stuff?

as much as i love clapton, it wouldnt surprise me that derek trucks thrashes the **** out of him. im also curios, does trucks play any lead, or just some fills and whatever to complement clapton?
alright i just got back...wow was that a ****ing great show

the opening band, The Robert Cray Band was alright. Robert Cray (who looks a lot like Wayne from Whose Line is it Anyway) is a pretty good guitar player but to be honest the songs themselves just didn't really do it for me. He played 6 songs and it was about 30 minutes or so.

Clapton then came on. He had Derek Trucks and some left handed guitar player. Clapton himself still has his voice but he had a bit of trouble hitting the higher notes. Clapton can still play guitar, holy cow was he incredible. Derek Trucks too, I don't really like The Derek Trucks Band too much (i find them pretty boring to be honest) but he himself was great. Almost as good as Clapton but not as good . The left handed guitarist was alright but he had a lot of distortion in it and sounded like muck a lot of the time. They played for about 2 and half hours and about 20 songs. They did Crossroads as the finale and it was orgasmic.

In conclusion, probably the best concert i'll ever go to.
Quote by I Play Guitar!
alright i just got back...wow was that a ****ing great show

the opening band, The Robert Cray Band was alright. Robert Cray (who looks a lot like Wayne from Whose Line is it Anyway) is a pretty good guitar player but to be honest the songs themselves just didn't really do it for me. He played 6 songs and it was about 30 minutes or so.

Clapton then came on. He had Derek Trucks and some left handed guitar player. Clapton himself still has his voice but he had a bit of trouble hitting the higher notes. Clapton can still play guitar, holy cow was he incredible. Derek Trucks too, I don't really like The Derek Trucks Band too much (i find them pretty boring to be honest) but he himself was great. Almost as good as Clapton but not as good . The left handed guitarist was alright but he had a lot of distortion in it and sounded like muck a lot of the time. They played for about 2 and half hours and about 20 songs. They did Crossroads as the finale and it was orgasmic.

In conclusion, probably the best concert i'll ever go to.
sounds great. And as I said 2 posts earlier, the guitarist was Doyle Bramhall II
Quote by Thefallofman
Quote by Calum_Barrow
I saw him in Manchester. I mean I would have liked to see more Cream stuff coming through as well (they did play Crossroads as an encore), but other than that I can't really complain.

Yup same, i was pretty let down to be honest, he played perfectly but also it was a bit soulless i thought, i hate to be one of those people who say "he should just tour with cream stuff" but his new album is nothing special.

Quote by Calum_Barrow
Robert Cray and Derek Trucks just made it better.

Robert cray was great.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
I'm seeing him on the 26th . Near front row seats, he better be good.

Deuce, i hope he plays either crossroads or have you ever loved a woman

im also excited to see robert cray
I hope he tours with J.J. Cale after they release that new album. J.J. Cale and Eric Clapton are releasing a new album by the way.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."