So I was in my local music go round today when I saw white fender MIM strat with a floyd rose(I can't remember if it was licensed or official or whatever). I played it for a little while and it was pretty nice, but when I looked at the headstock for a second time, I saw that farther down, on the hump of the normal strat headstock(I hope that make sense) it said made by squier or something like that. My question is, is this a fender, or is it a squier? The serial number was MN395883 and I looked on the fender website, but that just told me it was either from 1993 or 1994, not whether it was fender or squier.

Any help with this question would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
I dont know, maybe I confused myself about the floyd rose thing. I probably did. It had a tremolo though.
I've seen fender strats with floyd roses on them, they have some clever name but I forget it. I don't think a squier would have one, though, so maybe it was just custom.
Quote by Schneiderman
I've seen fender strats with floyd roses on them, they have some clever name but I forget it. I don't think a squier would have one, though, so maybe it was just custom.

Isnt the "clever" name Fender FR's?
This is just a guess and it might be stupid... could it be a Fender and then the name of the guitar be Squier. Like before Squier was a company?
My Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Alpine White
Vox AD30VT
Epiphone SG Special - Black
Planet Waves Cables
Levy's Strap
Dunlop .70 Picks
It would be a squier. Old squiers had a large Fender logo, and a small "made by squier" or "squier series" or something like that. Anyway, it's an old squier, which are supposedly not too bad quality wise.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
Quote by Friedmaniac
It would be a squier. Old squiers had a large Fender logo, and a small "made by squier" or "squier series" or something like that. Anyway, it's an old squier, which are supposedly not too bad quality wise.

Well one was $200 and had a tremolo, and the other was $150 without a tremolo. Are these good deals or what? Thank you so much to everyone who responded you were very helpful.
Fenders can have Floyd Roses. I've seen Fat Strats with Floyds on 'em.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
I have a 1979 Strat and also alot of Strat books . Love there history. In all my books that I look up your serial number it came up with M=Japan made and N= American made . I do know Fender does do some weird thing with serial numbers . I can't find your serial number MN3xxxxx any where.