When you slap on a fretless bass, will it damage the fretboard if you don't use flatwounds?

Thanks
It would damage it with flatwounds aswell. you are going to be impacting a piece of metal into a piece of wood regardless of round, taper, flat or groundwound strings.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Roundwounds would hurt a fretboard, and i disagree about the flatwounds since there flat there pressure would be equally divided and it wouldn't straint eh boards much, i have a fretless and it doesn't have anythign wrong with it and i slap all the time(i love the woody tone)
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
am i the only person on here who has a Fretless Bass Of Roundwound (-4 Durability) ??

Yes, the RPG part was naff. i'm bored. sorry.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
if you have a rosewood fingerboard, then yes, the rounds will have it for dinner. Ebony - not so much.
It won't hurt it. I used to play a fretless with roundwounds all the time, and that was pretty much the only bass I slapped on. I played it for almost two years, and my fretboard never got raped and demolished like everyone says. It will be fine, especially if you use flats.