So not too long ago I heard of this band called Apocalyptica. They're amazing. Theyre are made of 4 celloists, (one of which is blind,) and a drummer, thats it. But its like, they're metal! They've done many Metallica covers. They've also covered Faith No More, Sepultura, and even Pantera. I love their version of One, cause they do the solos and everything. Here's a video of one of their originals. http://youtube.com/watch?v=aFW7oTEqKgc

Enjoy, and discuss.
Yeah they're pretty sweet. I like their songs more than the originals.

That video is beautiful. *Tears*
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Last edited by Nelsean at Sep 10, 2006,
Pretty well known around here, I really like the covers of Refuse/Resist and Domination, some of the Metallica ones are great, but some are really a bit rubbish (like Sanitarium)
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
wow. amazing. i like a lot. i also like the quartet of classical instruments that take bands songs and cover them. similar to this but they dont just play metal.
theyre cool! i never saw anything like that
Quote by Mad Marius
No, I saw them on that documentary, Jurassic Park. They walked around and ate electric fences and people.
Everyone really loves this band (in my circle of friends anyway), but I've never been able to get into them.
Don't analyze my beliefs & I won't pick out the flaws in yours
I think the Creeping Death and One covers by them are fucking amazing.

I just love how they can shred on a cello and headbang. I love these guys so much!
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by Mudvayne_4_Life
So not too long ago I heard of this band called Apocalyptica. They're amazing. Theyre are made of 4 celloists, (one of which is blind,) and a drummer, thats it. But its like, they're metal! They've done many Metallica covers. They've also covered Faith No More, Sepultura, and even Pantera. I love their version of One, cause they do the solos and everything. Here's a video of one of their originals. http://youtube.com/watch?v=aFW7oTEqKgc

Enjoy, and discuss.

That's your exact post from MT isn't it?

I love them, their cover of Nothing Else Matters is amazing.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
I love them.
Quote by zachbino57
CSguitarvocal is correct as usual, pepsi tastes much better out of a can.

Quote by TWISTEDFender
And CSguitarvocal for teh win.
Quote by Chimaira
That's your exact post from MT isn't it?

I love them, their cover of Nothing Else Matters is amazing.

haha Yes it is. I just copied and pasted it from MT. =P
I like their original compositions as well. I have their album 'Cult'.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
i've known about them for a while now. they're very good, my friend has 2 of their cds but i still need to get them burned from him.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Tha' Get Away Driva' of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Cellos??? Wow, i heard "Life Burns" on a game soundtrack, and i never would of guessed...
Their version of Nothing Else Matters is one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Their own stuff is lots better than their covers IMO. Romance on Cult - excellent, must-have album!! - is one of my all-time favourite songs. Hall of the Mountain King, although not by them absolutely slays aswell. I'd definitely recommend Cult and Inquisition Symphony (great cover too). I guess it'd be better to stay away from their later stuff, such as the selftitled with al the crappy singers from Him and such... *shudder*
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
Morsch sind Baum und Pfad
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
mir ist kalt...
My friend also has a version of them doing Schism by TOOL. I figured it would be a mislabeled song (cause she got it off of limewire) because I didnt read about it on wikipedeia. But she said that it really sounds llike them, so idk.
Apocalyptica is out of this world, despite the douchiness of Eicca Toppinen.

Cellos are teh secks.

EDIT: No-one in the band is blind, wtf.

Apparently it's a common misconception that Antero Manninen is blind and mute.
Last edited by Tommy[fin] at Apr 1, 2008,
making metal (sometimes, like hyperventilation, even harder then most ordinary metal-bands) out of classical instruments is just brilliant

besides that they're just so damn musically-gifted and...
I'VE GOT ALL THEIR ALBUMS
I love some of their stuff, but I don't listen to them for long at one go.

They're a good doorway into metal though, I've had some minor successes converting people with them...
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Yeah, I love the sound of cellos. It only gets better when it's taken out of a classical context. Cellos sound great in just about every context, but they don't do much in an orchestra other than back up the violins. I need to learn how to play cello.

Long live Apocalyptica! I just wich they would make some original songs, rather than just sticking to covers.
my guitar teacher last year played them for the class and i thought it was amazing. Me and my friend were surprised to find out they are only in their mid-late 20s.

they have some great songs. i would get their CDs but they are expensive if i order them and i dont ever see them in stores.

i really like this song/video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XUrW5TikUGw

sweet idea of dueling ur shadow.
Last edited by Crazy Horse at Apr 1, 2008,
Hall of the Mountain King (Or Dovregubbens Hall, which is the original title) is pretty awesome.
Seeing them live is rather strange, though. Four guys, sitting on a few chairs next to each other, playing cello's while head banging. But you cannot deny the awesomeness of that, eh?
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
NO! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFKKKKKKKKKK NO! ANTERRRO IS NOT FKIN! BLIND! THATS A MYTH, hes just to good for humanity to see them through unshaded vision, he is not blind
ive heard of them and they did one pretty good but i cant get into them.......but i play the cello at school
Non of them is blind
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR