Or can I use normal pickups they use for 6 string guitars?
Larrivée D-03R
US Fender Telecaster, Vox AC15
Well, seeing as it's a 7 string, it probably needs a 7 string pickup. I'm sure it would work, but the low B probably wouldn't pickup well.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
yep. but they're not impossible to find or anything. i believe www.carvin.com sells em.

EDIT: yep, they do.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by denied
yes, you need 7 string pups. just order them off musiciansfriend.

can i get them at stores? i.e. long and mcquade?
Larrivée D-03R
yea L&M prob has some, but what kind are you getting cause even though theres less options theres still options, and once you decide on some just call L&M and they'll order em for you if theres none in stock and BTW the majority of the people here are american so most wont know what L&M is, there main store is guitar center. what city you live in cause some smaller shops might have better deals. one of the local stores by my house doesnt have any interest if you do monthly payments on guitars while L&M has 17% and 24% interest so choose which pups your getting and dont just go to L&M
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
Quote by giorgio1210
yea L&M prob has some, but what kind are you getting cause even though theres less options theres still options, and once you decide on some just call L&M and they'll order em for you if theres none in stock and BTW the majority of the people here are american so most wont know what L&M is, there main store is guitar center. what city you live in cause some smaller shops might have better deals. one of the local stores by my house doesnt have any interest if you do monthly payments on guitars while L&M has 17% and 24% interest so choose which pups your getting and dont just go to L&M

I live in Ontario, i go to to oshawa one
Larrivée D-03R
cool
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
Yes you need 7-string pups, Meh I live in ELmira and go to the Waterloo/Cambridge L&Ms but they have kinda gone downhill recently