I just got my flying V back from a custom shop and I had the guy put locking tuners on it and a floyd rose. So I tried out the floyd and it turns out that everytime I divebomb the guitar goes out of tune. I thought locking tuners r supposed to prevent that. Should I be doing something with the tuners that I'm not doing? please help.
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
no, I thought u didnt need 1 if u have locking tuners, i lost one of the pieces on my locking nut like 3 days ago
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
haha well go to the store and get a new nut!
and you didnt need to buy locking tuners if you have a floyd...
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
well, it may have been sticking at the nut.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
You could always replace your nut with a nut made of SlipStone (or something like that, I saw it on Stew Mac). The nut is naturally slippery, so the strings will never stick.

Or just put a FR nut on. That might be easier.
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Member #9 of the Samnung Has Crabs Club , PM Powerhouse to join

Custom Build
u need a locking nut to prevent the guitar from going out of tune with divebombs, locking tuners are great but kinda limited, they're more set up for vintage trems not for huge mofockin divebombs. i can't imagine it'd cost too much to get put in. on the other hand i'm confused as to why the custom shop didn't tell you that? maybe i'm wrong ... because they definately should have told you!
Marty
Well its not the nut that fell off, its the locking nut. Kinda hard to explain but u no how most guitars have locking nuts that go through the back of the neck, well this guitar has a regular nut in the front of the headstock then right behind it is the locking thing. I'll post pics if you don't understand. But if you do understand please tell me where I can purchase a new one, because mine is broken.
i'm not aware of locking nuts that go through the back of the neck - i thought that was just a myth!
Marty