I find i can do harder solos sitting much easier than standing up. Any tips for making this easier for me, seeng as im starting to play harder songs with my band? Or is it just a matter of practicing?
i found it was just a matter of practising. im actually more comfortable standing up now than i am sitting down
I heard putting a book under your right foot while sitting will make it more like you're standin and playing.
Quote by sicformyage

me:you like acdc
them:yea i do
me:cool, whats your favorite song,other than back in black
them:i gotta go...

Quote by jordanzio
i love hilary duff and will eventually marry her... she does not know this currently...

it could just be your strap is too low, since your guitar is closer when sitting than standing. that's just me tho... and it also does take practice.
i made mine pretty high up to my body, never foudn it comfy to play with it low.
i used to have trouble soloing standing up. i just watched the techniques of some other players and tried mimicing what they did and it turned out fine.
i found it hard because i learned to play sitting down, just practice for a few hours and youll get the hang of it
Quote by Doolittle
Do it for Hedwig!
Quote by private
Adjust the strap so it's the same as it would be when you're sitting down

that seems to help thnx.
Quote by private
Adjust the strap so it's the same as it would be when you're sitting down

haha if i did that my guitar would be just below my massive pecs
Start practicing standing up. Start with it at a height similar to when sitting and gradually lower it.
Raise the strap to the height of sitting, then slowly start lowering it every half week or so until you egt it to a confortable standing height. And practice practice practice.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Tilt the headstock up. If the neck is straight you'll have trouble moving around. Gradually lower it but dont take it too far past the waist. Carpal tunnel sucks from what I've heard.
I actually find it easier playing anything while standing up.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
try keep a straight back when ur sitting instead of leaning over the guitar, it's more like standing that way.
RG550DY

Tone zone bridge
Hs3
Paf neck

RG550CO

D sonic bridge
evo neck

Flextone 2plus
Walk around with your guitar on, and play while you're doing it. You should get used to playing standing up pretty quickly.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton