If I had $10,000 to spend on gear what would you think I should get. The bands I like are Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Testament, Metallica, Metal Church, Slayer, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, and pretty much anything.
A guitar
An Amp
Picks
Cords
Effects
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
A Mesa Boogie Dual Recto and a Mark IV, 4 Marshall 1960AV/BV cabs, Custom Ibanez, an assortment (sp?) of good pedals.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
A KrAnK stack, monster cable, Dunlop jazz III picks, and a jackson flying V. and Wah
Dimebag Is God!!!!

President Of The Official Dimebag Darrell Fan Club
PM Me to Join

Member #28 of the Official Alkaline Trio Fan Club. PM greenfinger182 to join.
Gear.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
^ Ok you win
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

If you have 10,000 bucks to spend on just gear...you better have your life in order! lol Move out, get a nice car, get some kick ass big boy toys (dirtbikes, quads, big screen TV, 7.1 home theater system, gas powered RC cars, paintball guns, a speed boat, snowboards, wakeboards, ...a fucking TREE FORT)...and THEN get the 10,000 dollars worth of gear!

lol thats what Id do at least!
Quote by kurdtkobaign
If you have 10,000 bucks to spend on just gear...you better have your life in order! lol Move out, get a nice car, get some kick ass big boy toys (dirtbikes, quads, big screen TV, 7.1 home theater system, gas powered RC cars, paintball guns, a speed boat, snowboards, wakeboards, ...a fucking TREE FORT)...and THEN get the 10,000 dollars worth of gear!

That's what I'd do too, I'd prolly spend like 1.5 thousand on guitar gear then go hogwild
Quote by Zinnie

^ well I already have around 10 grand worth in gear all together lol So I may be a bit bias....
I know I've been bugging you about questions about your gear but its pretty sweet. How do you like your hot rails? I'm considering getting a strat and putting a hotrails in the bridge.
Quote by Connorcore
I know I've been bugging you about questions about your gear but its pretty sweet. How do you like your hot rails? I'm considering getting a strat and putting a hotrails in the bridge.

lol no prob. but thanks!

I love my Strat..no doubt about that. But Im kind of getting tired of teh HotRails. Like, I really liked it with my Marshall because its a mid-based pickup paired with a mid-based amp and it sounded sweet. Got a really smooth, heavy, rock-n-roll crunch out of that set up. But now that I have my Mesa...the HotRails arent doin it for me. They lack bass and treble and have way too much output. Everything gets mooshy while doing high gain rythem stuff and they lack 'chunk' when palm muting open drop D chords. Theyre great for amps like my JCM900 and stuff. But they dont pair well amps like my Triple. Also since theyre in a Strat, which have a thinner sound, the sound lacks body and depth.

lol I could go on...but Im hungry..
If I had that money....

Bogner Ubershall or Ecstacy
or
Diezel

Custom Gibson Explorer
Custom Shecter C1
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Quote by kurdtkobaign

I nearly pissed my pants when I read that.
Quote by kurdtkobaign

I think you overestimate 10,000 bucks...
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

^ agreed.

Amp/guitar for up to 4000$. then spend 4000 on recording gear, cables, accesories, efffects, etc.

then 2000$ for the "band fund" so you're band has something to spend money if need be.

Then you guys start recording, make a pop punk album for selloutitude, (emo or metalcore will work too) You'll make back that 10K in the blink of an eye.

Be warned, the metal community and anyone who knows anything about music will hate you.

(sry if i offend people who listen to those genres :p
Quote by kurdtkobaign

WHATTT!!!!!!! bad priorities! spend 2000 on a guitar, 4000 on an amp, and 4000 on a van to lug the **** around with. dont' spend it on anything that improves your overall life! live the dream, enjoy the fantasy, your only young once, you can have a gas powered RC car later.
Marty
$10,000? Save it. Invest some, use SOME for gear and use the rest on school and your first apartment when you finish school. If you were my kid and spent all of that money on gear I'd smack you.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Quote by Cmogi10
I think you overestimate 10,000 bucks...
lol I know. I was trying to say that if you had $10,000 to spend on just gear then, in the situations Im thinking of at least, you either are rich to start off with...or have been saving since you were 3 and you still live at home and your like 16.

Quote by suicidalmoose
WHATTT!!!!!!! bad priorities! spend 2000 on a guitar, 4000 on an amp, and 4000 on a van to lug the **** around with. dont' spend it on anything that improves your overall life! live the dream, enjoy the fantasy, your only young once, you can have a gas powered RC car later.

lmao bad priorities? Like I said, I was kidding. I already have around $10,000 worth of gear. When youre my age knowing your priorities is way more important than 'living the dream'. IMO...
I'd get a Gibson Explorer, narural finish w/ Gold hardware...A Peavey 6505+ FullStack for distortion, 2 Fender Twin Reverb amps for cleans, a Freeport wireless, all monster cables for my cabs, effects, wireless and whatnot, and any effects i wanted. And I'd save whatever was left.
i guess you want something along the lines of a mesa for testament/metallica, and something more marshally for vai/satch etc.

guitar wise, a super strat, and maybe something more vintage for black sabbath and maiden.

maybe an OD pedal for solo boosts, and a delay pedal? and a wah and chorus. that's what I'd get.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i would get a nice custom guitar, like a carvin. prolly a matching carvin amp.

then i would get a pedal board full of effects.

then guitar lessons lol
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
if i had 10 grand, id get a car. then guitar gear. actually, bass gear. id buy a 8x10 cab, put a 1000 watt power head to it, then my carvin would feed it. so i would have a 8x10, a 4x10, and a 1x18. yea, id have alot of bass. i think it would keep up with my JSX.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
ING Direct.

Don't get fooled by bad apples masquerading as oranges.
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster (Sunburst Finish)
Washburn X-Series Electric (Black Finish)
Ibanez Electric-Acoustic (Black Finish)
Ariana Acoustic

Randall RX120D Halfstack
Quote by Cone 21
A Mesa Boogie Dual Recto and a Mark IV, 4 Marshall 1960AV/BV cabs, Custom Ibanez, an assortment (sp?) of good pedals.

WTF does SP stand for anyway?

Erm, I'd spend 1.2K on a rig.

Boss GT-8 (300-450)
Agile AL-3100 MOP White Gold Black Config (370)
112 Keyboard Amp (Roland KC-350, 400)

Versatility, gig capable, good for recording, good for practicing, good for anything.

Downside: It's not a $10,000 rig, and your tone won't be something to die for, but it'll be pretty damn nice.

Then you can buy a plane ticket to NYC and buy an assload of hookers and drugs.

Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

Put the whole thing into a retirement fund. Yeah, you can laugh now, but when I'm 65, I'll be playing a Les Paul made out of diamonds, DIAMONDS DAMNNIT!
Do you actually have $10000 to spend?
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
^No...

VHT Deliverance 120w Head + matching cabs

Custom Suhr Guitar.................

Classic Shape, Alder Body, Hi-Output(I'll ask John to design one for moi) single Humbucker configuration, Floyd Rose Tremolo, Psychedelic Finish, Maple Neck, Rosewood FretBoard, Medium-Jumbo Frets, Psychedlic Finish Head, built in Boss PS-5 Super Shifter, a killswitch, a built-in AB-20 EMG gain booster

The guitar will cost around 3500k,.......
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
id the malmsteen marshall amp which is about 3000 for the head and say 2000 for a cabinet, and then id get laid a couple of times, and spend the remaining 3000 (assuming it costs $1000 a night with a decent *****) on an ESP.
^ you can't add!
Behringerv-tone(first guitar)
Epiphone les paul standard plus (cherry burst)
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

I like Epi LP's. You got a problem, PM me!
^He added fine. O.o

And now that I think about it, I don't think I could ever spend 1K on sex. Even with a really hot bitch.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

Diezel Herbert 100 watt head (or ENGL SE)
Diezel 4x12 cab

Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah

Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster

(I hope I didn't cross the budget here )
Bogners. Finally got to play one and that thing ****ing rocked. It was a shiva. Dual recto would be good for you oh. If i had the money oh i'd buy a van, a couple of stingrays, a G&L strat with lace sensor hot golds. A shiva or ecstacy. and then a hell of a bass stack.