Long anticipated, here, finally, is the musical debut of the Furry Barmaids, in under two minutes!

Enjoy this blistering ska instrumental, with myself, Yertle, on bass and lead guitar, and Tedrick of UG playing rythymic guitar and the second lead, as well as producing the beatz.

http://thefurrybarmaids.dmusic.com

Enjoy.

C4C.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
hey returning you crit here... nice funky stuff dude im not really into funk but i like slap and pop stuff... pretty sweet but is that it?? nice progression you got there
The picture on you Dmusic really is very appropriate. The sound reminds me of one of those days were you sit back and relax on the beach with a beer. And I got the beech out of the picture from all they nasty hairy men you see :p

Back on topic, the bass is very in the pocket and groovy. It is in time and the tone is perfect for the tune. The guitar tone is prefect, and everything is very in time. The drums were mapped perfectly for the song, which really helped with the groove.

My only complaint is the length. Other than that, very nice job. I want it to be summer again.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE
The picture on you Dmusic really is very appropriate. The sound reminds me of one of those days were you sit back and relax on the beach with a beer. And I got the beech out of the picture from all they nasty hairy men you see :p

Back on topic, the bass is very in the pocket and groovy. It is in time and the tone is perfect for the tune. The guitar tone is prefect, and everything is very in time. The drums were mapped perfectly for the song, which really helped with the groove.

My only complaint is the length. Other than that, very nice job. I want it to be summer again.

Summer is exactly what I had in mind when I wrote the rhythm for this song
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
Very groovy, it's got a nice relaxed feel to it. Again, like everyone else is saying, the only bad thing about it is there's not enough.

Would you happen to have a guitar tab for it?
Yeah, definitely reminds of a beach. Pretty good stuff, just needs some more length. I think a very twangy lead tone with a bit of reverb would also fit right in there (Though that might push it more towards surf music...) as well. Very good, everything went together, had my bobbing my head. Almost reggae, more than ska. I always thought of ska as fast reggae anyway, so maybe I'm wrong there. Either way, good job.

I would really like it if you commented on either of my songs: Life or Trapbox
Quote by Nessie XV
Very groovy, it's got a nice relaxed feel to it. Again, like everyone else is saying, the only bad thing about it is there's not enough.

Would you happen to have a guitar tab for it?

Sure, PM me if you want, the lead is just improvization in C# Aeolian
Quote by spazzymagee417
Needs horns.

If you don't mind I'm going to do add a "horn section" just for fun. Lol.

Good stuff though.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
I totally agree with everyone else, nothing wrong with it except I wish there was more of it.. lol... And yeah, I don't really know what ska really is, but I was under the impression it had horns and the likes as well? lol

If you have time, I would like to hear what you think of my song.... http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=434836 =)
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Needs horns.

If you don't mind I'm going to do add a "horn section" just for fun. Lol.

Good stuff though.

Yes, I would love to add horns to it, but alas I have no skillz (though I played trombone a long while ago) Anyway I'm thinking about releasing an extended version if tahts what you guys would like.

EDIT: Also I would love some keyboard action if anyone can help

and thanks for all the great commments, they're much appreciated

EDIT2: lol, and while we're at it, if anyone can sing feel free to try something
Quote by spazzymagee417
Last edited by Tedrick at Sep 18, 2006,
^I can't play horns either...but with some good kazoo work you can make a nicer horn section.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Lazy trumpet/saxophone player here.

Might be able to give ye a hand although I'm not all that pro or anything. Check out some of my other recordings for a listen.
ahhhh!
We both did. We both live in the same town. I (the threadstarter) wrote the lead guitar and bass. Tedrick (at whose house it was recorded) wrote the chord progression and the background 'lead'. He also did mad beatz. For simplicities sake, pretend we both made the thread. We are two friends who both happen to use UG. Thank you, and good night.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
FLUXUS UPDATE: I remixed a longer version with an added keyboard solo (Props to me) so check it out, its on our dmusic
Quote by spazzymagee417