So I have a Vox Pathfinder 15 Watt amp and if I'm ever going to form a band, I'll probably need something more powerfull. Now, I'm not talking loud as hell death metal here, I'm talking blues and classic rock. My amp has a line-out so I can plug into another speaker (for example ). Will this be enough power for a gig?
Quote by Slash Jr.
Forgive me for asking this but what is a dirty sanchez??

Quote by Teh_Guitarer
bahahahahahahahaha nice find ForbiddenDonut. you're my man...
man no... even with a cab youd still onlny be pumping 15 watts out it would just sound slightly better because it would distribute better but it would be no louder
It would not be all that much louder volume wise. But it will 'Sound louder' because youre going from one 8" speaker to four 12" speakers. If you want an extension cab look for a 1x12 cab or a 2x12 cab.
^exactly, it wont be any louder than 15watts. you will need a head if you want to use a cab. i suggest getting a combo amp rather than a cab and head. my lead guitarist has a 100 watt head with a 4 12in. speaker cab, and i have a combo 100watt amp. the combo sounds just as good, and it is alot easier to move to practice and gigs. i know i went off topic there, but whatever.
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
Quote by 812many
^exactly, it wont be any louder than 15watts. you will need a head if you want to use a cab. i suggest getting a combo amp rather than a cab and head. my lead guitarist has a 100 watt head with a 4 12in. speaker cab, and i have a combo 100watt amp. the combo sounds just as good, and it is alot easier to move to practice and gigs. i know i went off topic there, but whatever.

no bother, thanks, I look into big combos
Quote by Slash Jr.

Quote by Teh_Guitarer
Quote by Slash Jr.

Quote by Teh_Guitarer
usually tube amps that run on class b(most all of them) will be 2.5 times louder than a solid state amp of the same wattage. and to the dude that said buy a combo over a head and cab, a 100 watt tube combo is gonna be a lot more to carry in one load than a head or cab would be.
^ That'll do it. But I suggest you go out to a store and try them out first. Even if you find one you like its possible you can get the same amp for cheap online and already know you love it.
usually tube amps that run on class b(most all of them) will be 2.5 times louder than a solid state amp of the same wattage. and to the dude that said buy a combo over a head and cab, a 100 watt tube combo is gonna be a lot more to carry in one load than a head or cab would be.