Cover of December by collective soul. I did all the instruments including drums. no vocals though. love some feedback

December
Last edited by RHCP026 at Sep 10, 2006,
Linkage?
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
not bad for what it is, which is a december cover with no vocals. Drums sounded good and the lead guitar was consistent. During the chorus it sounds like you bring in an acoustic guitar, but all you can hear of it is like a palm mutted heavy strumming, so you just hear strumming and no sound, which kind of makes it sound like you're playing the washboard during the chorus. So if you're playing the washboard during the chorus, first of all congratulations on your innovation, and second of all stop it. But if youre playing an acousitc it didnt record especially well and could use a little more sound to make a difference. Nice playing on a very complete cover, you should try and find someone to lay some vocals on it.
i think i will get around to the vocals soon, ill try my best on it. that is an acoustic guitar and i did notice that, sometimes have a hard time gettin depth on the acoustic
^^ ^ how did you record the acoustic? judging by the quality id guess that you by some means plugged it into your sound-card, which would make it tough to get that real natural acoustic tone. recording the acoustic tracks with a mic would give you more room to get the sound you probably want but depending on your setup it could really compromise the good quality sound you have going.
i used the mic i used for everything else, possibly using a heavy pick instead of a meduim might help ?
I find medium and thin picks are good for strumming, but it's all about preferance.

Good job. Nice song choice aswell. Get some vox on it.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~