Page 1 of 2
i wana play a black sabbath song at the talent show in spring. i got a guy who said hed do vocals and a drummer but i still dont know what song would be the coolest. i was thinking of war pigs or hole in the sky. but idk theres so many good ones to choose from. what song do u think would be the coolest cuz i wana win bad. thanks
nah...do Black Label Society's -Fire It Up
Tradition MTQ Series Electric Guitar
Excel Strat Knock-off
Marshall MG10CD Combo Amp
Behringer V-AMPIRE LX120 Combo Amp
MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive Stompbox
Korg Tonework AX10G Multi-Effects Processor
Danelectro Fab Metal Distortion Pedal
^ Those aren't Black Sabbath songs.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
I think Fluff is amazing, but it's acoustic so youre probably not into that. How about The Mob Rules? It shows a different side of Iommi's playing. War Pigs is awesome too. Fairies Wear Boots of you wanna show off your drummer.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
i'd say ironman; something everybody knows, or something really hard (not by black sabbath) like fire by jimi hemdrix or sweet child o mine by guns'n'roses
iron mans cool but its pretty easy. and fire is cool but i wanna stick to black sabbath
War Pigs, Paranoid, Iron Man, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Children of the Grave, SnowBlind... something ppl will know... or maybe time machine, it depends on what kind of song you want to do, if you wanted to do something hard and unexpected and you aren't limited on time, you could do the A bit of Finger/Sleeping Village/Warning song off of Black Sabbath, but it's like 15 minutes long and there's very lil vocals to it. personally i'd go with War Pigs.
ESP F-200 with Floyd Rose>

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Electro Harmonix Pulsar Tremolo
BBE Boosta Grande
Fender Pedal Tuner>

Peavey Valveking 1x12
Do "Paranoid" and add some licks in it so it doesn't make you look like a noob. Also for the solo, try the Megadeth version of it. I dont know if there is a tab for it though...
Symptom of the Universe
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom- Alpine White
Marshall MG30DFX

Soon To Get:
Keeley Fuzz Head
I'm unsure about my next amp.
Looking for amp with great blues tone.
yeah war pigs, i hate it when ppl take BS songs and change em.
ESP F-200 with Floyd Rose>

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Electro Harmonix Pulsar Tremolo
BBE Boosta Grande
Fender Pedal Tuner>

Peavey Valveking 1x12
Quote by warlockking
yeah war pigs, i hate it when ppl take BS songs and change em.

exactly
the best to do would be paranoid children of the grave, or nib, they are the most upbeat songs, and sends thrills through everyones spines.
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
Most underrated Sabbath song. Spiral Architect. Gorgeous acoustic intro, but most of the song is electric. It's awesome.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
Quote by salvagedsouls
nah...do Black Label Society's -Fire It Up

yea, that would be the best
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
Quote by curtis loew
yea, that would be the best

Yeah. Heavy metal drug influenced songs will go over really well with an audience that's potentially composed of rappers. Sabbath is likely to go over better since a lot of rap guys seem to like Ozzy. Sabbath isn't really heavy metal by todays standards, so it's in a whole different league.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
maybe iron man it's smooth and rough and everyone know its and maybe ask to do another song with that and do black sabbath the song
Dont do Iron Man, I hate it when bands at local shows play the most popular songs, just play your favorite Black Sabbath song
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412

Col. Catman of the KISS ARMY UG REGIMENT:
PM Sloopy to join up!
Everyone forgot what would be the best and funniest song to do for a school talent show.

Yeah, i'm talkin about SWEET LEAF
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
What about Supernaut or Snowblind?

I think anything off 'the best of black sabbath' would be amazing, and I'd go with one of the less well known songs.

But if you want to do one of the popular songs, War Pigs or Paranoid.

Or you could do one of the songs with Dio, anything off Heaven and Hell rocks, or Master of Insanity (the song).
I'd most definately go with crazy train. I think it's most suitable for a talent show and will surely get the crowd excited.
Such a sappy riff and an awsome solo, which, when properly executed, will make everyone think you play like a pro (:
snowblind hits the spot for me, perhaps where it goes "my eyes' are blind but i can see" make that part acoustic, or do something to it.

system of a down did a good cover of snowblind - really made it their own, obviously that's not for every1, but u get where i'm coming from here.

make a sabbath song you really like your own, try and accentuate the things you like about the song and remove the things you don't in order to make the crowd feel the same way about the song as you do.

don't be afraid!
Marty
play After Forever!! best sabbath song, easy too
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Quote by Iliemyfaceoff
those are ozzy songss. u iz nublar 2 d@ m4xxx

HAHAHAHAHAHAA oh man, I just lol'd for reAlz

oh, and play Black Sabbath (the song)
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD