i know what it is and all but im confused as to how it helps ur playing, or does it?? is it just for show? i just cant see how it helps ur playing.
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
It helps with bends and vibrado basically.... Yngwie said that even, he also said it is harder to play. I have heard people say it is easier to play but i truly doubt it. Basically yngwie did it because Blackmore did and he did it because it played a classical style and brought it in to rock, he even played pure classical stuff. So anyone else who ever did that did it cus of yngwie or blackmore.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
Blackmore owns Yngwie. And Blackmore did it because a lot of classical instruments did it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fret

If you're ever unsure, use google or wikipedia. That's what they're ****ing there for.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
Quote by God Am
Blackmore owns Yngwie. And Blackmore did it because a lot of classical instruments did it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fret

If you're ever unsure, use google or wikipedia. That's what they're ****ing there for.

whats the point of a discussion forum, if we all just use Google/wiki for everything :P
Custom Telecaster
Alvarez RD20SSB
Jasmine S-35
*Epiphone FT-130

"Yeah, I'm real deep when I'm not busy masturbating or setting off fireworks." - John Mayer
For opinions and discussion with other people quickly and directly and asking about things that aren't on google or wiki. These things ARE.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
Quote by God Am
For opinions and discussion with other people quickly and directly and asking about things that aren't on google or wiki. These things ARE.

touche'
Custom Telecaster
Alvarez RD20SSB
Jasmine S-35
*Epiphone FT-130

"Yeah, I'm real deep when I'm not busy masturbating or setting off fireworks." - John Mayer
Quote by Devon8822
It helps with bends and vibrado basically.... Yngwie said that even, he also said it is harder to play. I have heard people say it is easier to play but i truly doubt it. Basically yngwie did it because Blackmore did and he did it because it played a classical style and brought it in to rock, he even played pure classical stuff. So anyone else who ever did that did it cus of yngwie or blackmore.

as awesome as your avatar is... british steel ftw

even though yngwie was influenced by blackmoore and he learnt all of his solos, he did not get the scalloping idea from him

yngwie used to work at a guitar repair shop and a guy brought in a 17th centuary lute or something which was scalloped and used the wood instead of frets, he tried this on one of his necks and then liked it so did it on all of them.
It's like playing with................ ultra super jumbo frets...... I've tried the Yngwie Strat, it was amazingly..............difficult to play with , especially to stay in tune

Cuz, a scalloped fret would mean that the strings change length, thus pitch, easier, I'm sure Yngwie uses them for those 6 semitone vibrato of his..........

The guitar sounded real nice though, all that's ****in ugly is the paint, uggh..... ugly color !!!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
I am going to start scallping my frets tomorrow at school, only 19-24 frets though, will keep up with progree in other forum