The title is pretty self explanatory.
I just started writing while I was sitting in my room playin guitar, and I noticed the trees were changing color already, and it made me think how fast the year has gone by, and I basically don't want it to end. I don't think its anything special personally but it sounds nice when played.

I have no music for the chorus yet, but the music for the verses is very simple just consisting of two chords.

verse chords: E C/E
The dull green atmosphere surrounding me,
is fading once again, the leaves waning into yellow,
children becoming men, nature getting mellow

This Michigan breeze is getting colder,
Greenbaum on the radio, Football after school,
spirits getting high, but mine is getting low.

I hate Autumn,
beginning of the ending of the year,
I hate Autumn,
a new canvas to paint with my fears

Now those yellows which were once green,
goldenrod hastening to red, gray sky reflects my mood,
the ruby leaves almost dead, another summer does conclude

I hate Autumn,
leaves me feeling blue,
I hate Autumn,
sometimes life seems misconstrued

The familiar bite of Northern frost,
winter unpacks its bags, an' visits us all again..

:stickpoke
It's a bit emo, for sure, and the chorus could be pretty annoying. But it's not half bad, just be careful that your pretty descriptions lead somewhere. I'm in two minds as of your juxtaposition of poeticism of "goldenrod hastening to red, gray sky reflects my mood,
the ruby leaves almost dead, another summer does conclude" and the more common "I hate Autumn, leaves me feeling blue".
"You can never quarantine the past."
thanks

I know it feels a little emo.. which I hate. but I was in a bad mood, that everything went by so quick with so little this year for me.

and please forgive me, but I really am an idiot(no lie, amazing huh? lol..j/k) and couldnt understand what you said/meant:

"I'm in two minds as of your juxtaposition of poeticism of "goldenrod hastening to red, gray sky reflects my mood,
the ruby leaves almost dead, another summer does conclude" and the more common "I hate Autumn, leaves me feeling blue"."
You seem to switch between being quite poetic to just being blunt...it's hard to explain.
"You can never quarantine the past."

The dull green atmosphere surrounding me,
is fading once again, the leaves waning into yellow,
children becoming men, nature getting mellow

I like this as an opener, though the part "nature getting mellow" doesn't seem to fit. When I think of autumn I think of reds and oranges these are "hot" colors and far from being mellow. Perhaps people getting mellow would rest better? Or something like that

This Michigan breeze is getting colder,
Greenbaum on the radio, Football after school,
spirits getting high, but mine is getting low.

decent follow up, I'm not particularly fond of references to specific areas like "Michigan breeze" makes the song impersonal I think. someone who isn't familiar with Michigan get's taken out of the lyrics.

I hate Autumn,
beginning of the ending of the year,
I hate Autumn,
a new canvas to paint with my fears

Good but I think the repetetive "Of the/of the" could be replaced with "Beginning the end of a year"

Now those yellows which were once green,
goldenrod hastening to red, gray sky reflects my mood,
the ruby leaves almost dead, another summer does conclude

Needs work (grey skies reflect my mood/ruby leave almost dead) but I love the reference to goldenrod.

I hate Autumn,
leaves me feeling blue,
I hate Autumn,
sometimes life seems misconstrued

Not to bad

The familiar bite of Northern frost,
winter unpacks its bags, an' visits us all again..

Eh needs some adjustment doesn't mesh well

:stickpoke

Overall pretty good pretty good! some fine tuning required but overall pretty decent.

then again thats jsut my humble opinion