ok so i've been playing for a year and a half and i think i'm fairly good for the amount of time i've been playing. i have a 25 year old yahmaha FG-430 acoustic guitar an Epi Les Paul with EMG's (81/85) and a Mesa F-30. I play a little of everything but mostly metal. What should i get next? should i get some effect pedals like a Wah pedal or delay or something else... or another guitar (what would you guys recomend. I've been looking at ESP's lately) or a better strap > the one i have isn't very cofortable. Also i'm thinking of getting a guitar magazine, What kind do you guys recomend.
Edit: Another idea i just thought about was getting a 1x12 extention cab for my mesa F-30 Combo.

so what do you guyz think?
Quote by metalmiliita56
not to sound stupid but do combos sound as good as tubes?

Quote by Tom Martin

Still, use a condom - STD's arn't like pokémon - you don't get a certificate for catching them all.

Quote by Refixer
All Spiders suck. Accept it. Even the ones with legs.
Last edited by Canuck_22 at Sep 10, 2006,
Go for a good strap first. You have to be comfortable while playing or your arm/shoulder is gonna cramp up, and cramps can lead to **** ups. You can find good leather ones in shops for $15-$20 sometimes. Make sure you try it before you buy it.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by Stop Messin'
Go for a good strap first. You have to be comfortable while playing or your arm/shoulder is gonna cramp up, and cramps can lead to **** ups. You can find good leather ones in shops for $15-$20 sometimes. Make sure you try it before you buy it.

ok thx. do you guyz recomend a good strap? and what else should i get?
Quote by metalmiliita56

Quote by Tom Martin

Still, use a condom - STD's arn't like pokémon - you don't get a certificate for catching them all.

Quote by Refixer
I bought a brown leather strap for $15. The name was either FXG or GFX or something along those lines. I forget the name exactly but it's a great strap for the price. Plus it beats that new fad with the straps that look like police tape.

A wah pedal is always good too.

Ohhhhhh or a talk box those things are facking cool. The worst part is you need a mic, stand and amp to feed through, and that can be alot of $$$.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Just get any strap that feels comfortable. I got a leather strap as a present for last christmas, and it is the most comfortable strap I have every used. It is just leather and then I added strap loks.

I would get a Wah before I went and got a talk box. I see a wah as more useful than a talkbox. To each his own though. A talkbox may be fun for a while, but how much can you really use it.
^^ok thx guyz. anything else you think i should get?
Quote by metalmiliita56

Quote by Tom Martin

Quote by Refixer
Id go for a delay, reverb, wah, and/or chorus
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet