Hi gang, just had a tryout for a band and they asked me when I would be getting a more powerful amp (my 25W just doesn't cut it) The guitar player has a 200W Marshall so my question is, what would be the minimum wattage I'd need as the bass player? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks gang!!
Native Pride

Better to reign in hell

Member of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join, luthier's only
Member of The Future Embrace, UG's Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins fan club. PM musiclover2399 to join .
Generally bass requires more power. I have a 120 watt amp and the bassist in my band has a 120 watt amp by the same brand thats about half the size as mine. As far as sound it keeps up ok but if he has a 200 i would get at least a 200.
I've got between $350 and 400 to work with (depending on the time of month I decide to buy one)
Native Pride

Better to reign in hell

Member of The Future Embrace, UG's Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins fan club. PM musiclover2399 to join .
cool! imagine this, I was considering that same amp. looks cool but I'm not quite sure based on those reviews of the speakers. Do you have it? or does anyone who reads this and let me know the low-down?
Native Pride

Better to reign in hell

Quote by opticon
cool! imagine this, I was considering that same amp. looks cool but I'm not quite sure based on those reviews of the speakers. Do you have it? or does anyone who reads this and let me know the low-down?

People that left those reviews are idiots man. I have it at work and I play a lot of bass on it. Its got a really solid, powerful response...obviously because its 450watts.

But with the speakers...these kids bring it home and crank it to 11 right out of the box. YOU HAVE TO BREAK IN THE SPEAKERS. Like new shoes...theyre more comfy after time. Break in the speakers for a couple days, gradually adding more powere as you go. After theyre nice and warmed up theyll last a long long time.

Ive pushed the thing to volumes higher than youll actually need for practice and gigs...and they didnt poop out once!

And people dont give me the "OH ITS BEHRINGER ITS TEH CRAPPIEST EVAARRR!! RAWR! MYSPACE BL0G!!!" ...Behringer makes really good bass gear for the price.
Grazie bro. I do belive you have just sealed the deal for Behringer. I've played a few in various stores I've been in. Liked the sound and especially the fact that they seem to be innovating for us low-end holders. I'm sure my bandmates will enjoy the fact that they will be able to hear me.
Native Pride

Better to reign in hell

^ they will be Im sure. lol Now is usually when I say "Someone will ring you up up front" or "If youll just follow me to the front Ill ring you up". But yeah, in that price range, that thing beats out all others. Good luck!