Ok i hav narrowed down to 6 guitars in my price range. Wich one is my best choice. umm specifics of my personal guitar is....punkish rockish i guess. range from switchfoot, dashboard, sum 41, linkin park, bowling for soup...ok anyway. thats all really

Choices= Samick IC 10 Interceptor 11
Ibanez RG321MH
ESP H 50
Ibanez GSA60
ESP F50
Schecter 006 Deluxe

ok? thank you!
^ +1. You can never go wrong with a Schecter
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
haha sweet...so lets eliminate the Samik or watever. that leaves schecter in the lead. is it better than the Ibanez RG321? cuz ive heard a lot about that one
ok i think im gonna go with the Schecter. if it sucks you all take the blame haha
Schecter
I have a schecter, different one but schecters are amazing
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Choices= Samick IC 10 Interceptor 11 They^ say its junk.
Ibanez RG321MH The specs look okay
ESP H 50 Agathis, horrible
Ibanez GSA60 Its SSH so its probably more veristale.
ESP F50 The F 250 is a P.O.S. so this is probably like playing a terd with strings
Schecter 006 Deluxe Pretty good.

I'd say go for the the RG321 or Schcter 006.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Quote by ScreamingCheeto
well i do gotta say that of those bands you listed, i found no punk.

then tell me a punk guitar in a 100-300 price range
i played a schecter for the first time today and honestly i could not see what all the fuss was about. it was a C1-something and everything about it just felt akward so i cant imagine what one of the lowest models would feel like. personally i would definately get the RG
i dunno i think im gonna go with either a schecter omen 6 or the Ibanez RG321MH...i just dont kno which to pick
Quote by suicidalmoose
perhaps you should try em both out........

maybe i should...but dont kno how i could physically try them out in the account that i dont hav many guitar stores around and the one or two we do hav dont hav good quality guitars
Quote by Diamond Dave
i played a schecter for the first time today and honestly i could not see what all the fuss was about. it was a C1-something and everything about it just felt akward so i cant imagine what one of the lowest models would feel like. personally i would definately get the RG

^ +1 on that, Schecter are higly over rated.

One of my local guitar shops carries a massive amount of Schecters and ive had a good play on a lot of them. There are a couple of good ones (i think one was called an omen), but even on the good ones the necks are crap.

Definatly the RG, the necks pretty good.
If your gonna get an rg, get a new tremelo system and new pickups. If you dont plan on doing that then rg's pretty much suck. Unless you like screechy tone?

Schecters are normally(all?) Not bolt on necks, i think its called neck thru? Which is why i love schecter necks, bolt on looks ugly. Rgs do have good necks though, nice and thin, very easy to solo over.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

The Schecter 006 Deluxe is a bolt on neck, as are the majority of Schecter guitars. There are some that are Set Neck (not through neck), but those would apear to be the minority.

I seriously doubt that there are any stock Schecters that have a through neck, i would guess that only the custom shop models would have that as an option.
schecter omen 6 looks pretty good too. the neck is "Bolt-on" and the neck material is maple...if that means anything. im not that smart with guitars specs and wat they do and so on...
Quote by nexteyenate
^ +1. You can never go wrong with a Schecter

that's bullshit and you know it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Prk Marshall
The Schecter 006 Deluxe is a bolt on neck, as are the majority of Schecter guitars. There are some that are Set Neck (not through neck), but those would apear to be the minority.

I seriously doubt that there are any stock Schecters that have a through neck, i would guess that only the custom shop models would have that as an option.

I've never seen a bolt on schecter.

Mines not bolt on either.
Quote by BigFatSandwich

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Quote by feltgrape
I've never seen a bolt on schecter.

Mines not bolt on either.

Well look at the Schecter webiste, click through the various guitar specs and *Boom* you will see that most of their guitars are bolt on necks.
Quote by denied
schecter. you never wanna go with a cheap ibanez..

Not in this case...

The Ibanez RG321MH is the best guitar in its price range. Great versatility, very reliable guitar. Go with that for sure.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
its funny when people diss samick considering they make half the budget guitars in the beginner market for other brands. I lol at the ignorance in this thread because many of the samick bashers probably play a rebranded samick and dont even realise it.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Last edited by ScottishAngus at Sep 11, 2006,
well gosh now i dont kno. i guess ill just hav to wait two weeks (wich wont be much of a problem haha) to go to Guitar Center...wich is pretty much the biggest guitar place in indiana along with samash.
Quote by ibaRGnez321
Not in this case...

The Ibanez RG321MH is the best guitar in its price range. Great versatility, very reliable guitar. Go with that for sure.

+2

I wouldnt trade my rg321 for a 800.00 schecter.
wizard II neck is super fast.
thats wat i keep hearing and the fact thats it light attracts me.i also think it looks pretty cool. the Wizard II neck is supposed to be awesome and since i hav small hands that might be the best choice for me.
the neck on the rg321 isn't as fast as on some of the other rg's...

and I'd say a lag is better than an RG321. but they're harder to come by.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Diamond Dave

I played a Blackjack the other week (With Seymour Duncans) and I did'nt see what all the fuss was about to be honest. It was alright but it did'nt match the hype that they get on here. Did'nt stay in tune to well either.
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
^ agreed. there are too many kids round here who have only played a westfield or squier affinity to compare it to...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
old samiks are good and my schecter isn't anything special but it sounds pretty good and looks great
Quote by soul_power
I would go w/ the 006 Deluxe. Oh and NEVER buy a samick, they are junk.

I beg to differ. I've got a Samick Interceptor IC-10 and it sounded better than a couple Fenders and Gibsons (which cost a hell of a lot more) that I had checked out that same day. Which is why I bought it.

Granted, in this case, I'd say the Schecter as well if you have the funds for it.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
is samick the one with some greg bennet or something? the greg or whatever u spell it are actually quite nice. but again im one of the few rare retards who get cramps and pain when playing a wizard neck, i am different