if i may say so, seattle isn't fu*king all grunge. there are alot of talent blues, jazz, and rock musicians. anywho I also feel that when Kurt died masses upon masses of our fellow rockers moved down to rap. rap in essential is our 70's rock and 80's metal, lyrically speaking, just with a crappier beat. what exactly did Kurt Cobain do? a revolution? well he failed at that, his image and music is being sold across the world. isn't that something he didn't want happening? as far as i'm concerned Kurt shouldn't have hit up MTV, he should have stayed in the glory of clubs rather than the likes of MTV's Grunge special. please someone clear this up for me what did Kurt do for music did he improve it or led way to the crappy music that we have to unforturnatly live today.
no he wanted to be a rock star is what i heard it's in his journal or diary thing that they released years back
he didnt help improve today's music at all. most of the bands that followed nirvana are aweful (if not all).

he just had own cool style of lyrics, and his guitar RIFFS were nothing special, but he displayed a very sloppy guitar playing style which was neat (sorta).
I assume he wanted to write music and play shows regardless if he made it or not. I don't know exactly what he did to music. He didn't improve it because he didn't create grunge, and he didn't make it worse that it was. He just brought grunge to the mainstream, which changed people's expectations. No longer did every band dress alike and sound alike. No longer was it image over music; it become about what you felt, not what made you look good in the eyes of others. So I guess that being said, he helped people realize that music is more important than aesthetics.
Last edited by Embodiment at Sep 10, 2006,
Quote by Hart_Attack
if i may say so, seattle isn't fu*king all grunge. there are alot of talent blues, jazz, and rock musicians. anywho I also feel that when Kurt died masses upon masses of our fellow rockers moved down to rap. rap in essential is our 70's rock and 80's metal, lyrically speaking, just with a crappier beat. what exactly did Kurt Cobain do? a revolution? well he failed at that, his image and music is being sold across the world. isn't that something he didn't want happening? as far as i'm concerned Kurt shouldn't have hit up MTV, he should have stayed in the glory of clubs rather than the likes of MTV's Grunge special. please someone clear this up for me what did Kurt do for music did he improve it or led way to the crappy music that we have to unforturnatly live today.

Yes, when Kurt died, all the grunge kids went straight to rap
And rap has crappier beats than metal? Yeah, I'm sure thats why all the girls are dancing to metallica and van halen at the clubs. And get off Kurt Cobains dick. He was one man, and his impact was confined mainly to alt-rock, so he didnt really have much of an effect on what is going on in music today.
formerly: lil key key and before that green_jello
"Yes, when Kurt died, all the grunge kids went straight to rap
And rap has crappier beats than metal? Yeah, I'm sure thats why all the girls are dancing to metallica and van halen at the clubs. And get off Kurt Cobains dick. He was one man, and his impact was confined mainly to alt-rock, so he didnt really have much of an effect on what is going on in music today."

you mis-quoted me, i stated that people who listen to rock not just grunge kids in particular, get the fact straight kid. as far as the crappy beat went that was just my personal attack on rap. And yes I would very much love to hear metallica in a club instead of the same beat that 50 cent ripped off many other people or lil' john's "cover" of crazy train. as far as Kurts impact on society ask everyone else you would know about him his impact was not confined to alt-rock. he had different sounds so he was put under punk for the while if i'm able to recall correctly. how about put into account the reality of the nature before you try to defend kurts dick. yes he was one man, or should i say... he was the most important person in the band. screw the bassist and drummer they don't matter it was all kurt. kurt had the sound, dave and kris were nothing.