My jack input sometimes doesn't work properly, I get no sound out of the amp when the lead is put in a certain angle (If I am playing, and don't loop my lead around my strap, i get no sound, but if I loop it, I get sound). What would be the likely problem? It is not the lead, because I have tested several, and how hard of a job would it be to fix by myself? Cheers for any help.
Well..
seeing as a guitar has no input jack,
thats probably why...

Answer: well, seeing as I know you really meant "output" its cool.
It might be a bad solder,
or a bad jack...

crack open your guitar and check out the solder job,
if it seems dandy, check out the jack,
and replace if neccesary
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
horray for the worthless pieces of trash on ultimateguitar that do nothing but make stupid remarks and don't help at all....

first, keep looping it
Second, unscrew the jack and check to make sure all the wires are fine(if not u might not to do a lil saudering)
Gah, my bad. So it is only a little bit of soldering, at most? I think I can handle that :]
i would say that's quite likely to be the input jack itself if putting the cable in at a certain angle isn't working.

if you've got actives go get another stereo jack, or passives get a mono jack, they don't cost much. maybe $0.50 - $1. Definately have a look at it and check out the soldering job, that can be shocking sometimes, but in my experience soldering jobs on jacks are usually pretty tidy seeing as it's so easy to do.

actually now that i think of it, short of buying a new jack, have a fiddle aroudn with your current one and bend back the input tip connector, just play aroudn with it, might save you having to desolder, and buy and solder on a new jack.
Marty
Quote by victimized124
horray for the worthless pieces of trash on ultimateguitar that do nothing but make stupid remarks and don't help at all....

first, keep looping it
Second, unscrew the jack and check to make sure all the wires are fine(if not u might not to do a lil saudering)

Dude, somebodies got sand in his vagina. Striketalonx's comment wasn't even harsh. I can't see any problems with correcting somebody on a honest mistake they have made. AND he also talked him through fixing the problem! The threadstarter didn't take offence to it!
If the jack is screwed, no amount of looping it is going to help at all. Resolder the joints on the jack, and if it still doesn't help, consider replacing it with a good quality stereo jack. The extra lug helps hold the cable in tighter, and gives it better contact.
While I'm going on about correcting somebody, it's HOORAY and SOLDERING, you arsehat
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Indeed it is. I just realised victimized124 gave really confusing advice too, "if not u might not to do a lil saudering'
If he might not do a little 'saudering', what might he do?
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
why do people call it saudering? is it a yanky slang thing? i know it's soldering, because it's solder that your melting - just confused because it's a mistake made a lot on these forums.
Marty
I think victimized124 is just an idiot who tried to fake actually knowing something about guitar electronics
I think victimized124 is just an idiot who tried to fake actually knowing something about guitar electronics
About other people...maybe they are all stupid too?