Poll: DeVille 212 or 410?
Poll Options
View poll results: DeVille 212 or 410?
DeVille 212
9 50%
DeVille 410
9 50%
Voters: 18.
I was wondering which to get, because the only difference I've found in them is the 410 has 4 10" speakers and the 212 has 2 12" speakers. If you've played both of them please tell me which sounds better for a classic rock/blues tone. Thanks for reading and/or posting.
Quote by FireandFlames
Your weak mind just cannot comprehend the intense level of awesome that Pokemon is at.
Last edited by Dilweed at Sep 12, 2006,
Speakers are like girls asses in a way.. the smaller ones are tighter, while the bigger ones have more of a umph to them.. Meaning the 10" have a tight brighter sound, while the 12" has a fuller range, bassier tone.. I may be right..im sure if i am wrong someone will correct me...
Quote by guitarguy1603
Speakers are like girls asses in a way.. the smaller ones are tighter, while the bigger ones have more of a umph to them.. Meaning the 10" have a tight brighter sound, while the 12" has a fuller range, bassier tone.. I may be right..im sure if i am wrong someone will correct me...

Yeah, but 4 tighter asses may be better then 2 big ones. Both are good though .
Quote by FireandFlames
Your weak mind just cannot comprehend the intense level of awesome that Pokemon is at.
from experience i can tell you that the 410 has a much better tone...
i own it... look at my sig.

but then again my ears are different then yours, so i would try both and make the decision yourself.
Quote by tribid
from experience i can tell you that the 410 has a much better tone...
i own it... look at my sig.

but then again my ears are different then yours, so i would try both and make the decision yourself.

O_o I don't see your sig....
Quote by FireandFlames
I have the 2x12 model. I hate it.

The clean channel is good, but I need to use a couple of pedals to get decent tone out of it.

The overdrive channel is worthless. It's muddy and lacks character. All bark no bite.

It is all tube which should be wonderful, but your volume range limited. My amp is screaming loud at 3, which is unacceptable. It's pretty much off or on. I suggest going to your local Guitar Center and playing through one of each. Bring your main guitar and pedals. See if it works for you.

If it's the 2x12 you want, I'll sell you mine for a reduced price.
Quote by Wasted Resource

The clean channel is good, but I need to use a couple of pedals to get decent tone out of it.

The overdrive channel is worthless. It's muddy and lacks character. All bark no bite.

It is all tube which should be wonderful, but your volume range limited. My amp is screaming loud at 3, which is unacceptable. It's pretty much off or on. I suggest going to your local Guitar Center and playing through one of each. Bring your main guitar and pedals. See if it works for you.

The drive is amazing on my devile 2x12. I usually play at low volumes, but when I do get to crank it up with the drive up it sounds amazing.
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
I think the 212 sounds better, although my Deluxe sounds plenty powerful with just the one 12. Yes, guys, I finally got my Deluxe.
Quote by Wasted Resource

Pedals for the clean!?!?!?
I mean, it'd be fine for me to get an overdrive tone out of a TS-9 mod, but the fact that it needs pedals for the clean, which I heard was great.....
Quote by FireandFlames
Quote by Wasted Resource
Oh yeah, the Strokes play through the 2x12 if you wanted to know.

I actually somewhat like The Strokes.
Quote by FireandFlames
i think its personal preferance...

i own the 4x10 but the only reason i got it, it was becuz i got an amazing deal. Um, theyre both quite heavy.....

you can go wrong with either version man...
Fender CIJ Mustang
Fender Jagstang
Fender MIM Custom Telecaster
Fender MIM Strat
Peavey Classic 50 2x12
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender PT-100 Tuner
Boss SD-1
EH Small Clone
Vox Wah
Digitech Digidelay
/\ yep, 50 lbs.
Quote by FireandFlames
410...bunchy, with great distribution.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
410...bunchy, with great distribution.

How's the overdrive on it though? Better than that of the 212?
Quote by FireandFlames
IIRC the electronics are pretty much the same.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.