Was just wondering if you could name the best wood first for building a electric guitar and also the prices of them, how much would you pay for a hand built electric guitar? I am just wondering cause I am wanting to build my own with the wood and wondered how much it would seel for with the right parts??
You can't name wood it isnt' possible

It's possible to coem by soem wood with great figure or a high density or something. but there is not such thing as "best"
This could turn into a luthier battle again. Go with alder, it's relatively cheap, light and is good with single coil pickups
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
alright but what if I want to put a pair of double humbuckers into it with a single coil pickup
wood choice all depends on the type of music that you play, each wood is suited for certain things.
Quote by Krystyon
Sorry, so what wood has the most sustain and is also light weight

No such thing. Heavy wood gives more sustain. Light gives less sustain but faster responce. What is the sound you are looking for? What style do you play?
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
No such thing. Heavy wood gives more sustain. Light gives less sustain but faster responce. What is the sound you are looking for? What style do you play?

i play metal, what woods are good for metal
Larrivée D-03R
US Fender Telecaster, Vox AC15
OKKK

That was an irrelavent post metalorc, so I'm going to answer it. But next time either pm someone or make a post.

You can use anythign for any type of genre. A lot of gutiars designed for metal is made from bright woods, like alder and basswood. But there are also guitars (ibanez s series for example) that are made from mahogany, and jsut cut really thin to reduce the weight as well give the tone of mahogany and a bit more sustain. So all in all, ust choose whatever. you can use any type of wood for any type of genre.
I prefer metal and alternative but I also was raised country and play some of it. Thanks for the comments. Also, I was wondering about taking alder or swamp ash and putting a top piece on it if I do this what would be a nice wood for it cause I want to put a see through red paint job on it.