Hey, Im replacing the tubes in my Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100watt Head. I was considering THD Yellow Jackets but would like to know what else is out there, whats really good. Im not a gearhead so Im not to bright in this topic. The music I play ranges from Post Hardcore(Saosin) to Pop Rock(The Academy Is) type stuff. Also if you have this same head and replaced the tubes, I def. would love to hear your feedback with the new tubes in compared to the standard tubes. Thanks.
not much to add, since I don't have much experience with tube Marshalls, but the THD yellowjackets are the converters to EL84 right? IIRC, they dropped the power output considerably, so they might be better for lower volumes, but I always associated more of a vintage overdrive with EL84. Check out www.thetubestore.com to see a bunch of different tubes(EL34) for your amp, they have a good variety and reviews. Doug's Tubes and Eurotubes are also considered good sellers, but Eurotubes only carries JJ tubes.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
dunno my marshall sounds metal with EL-84's

just get some EL-34, high gain set.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
true enough, after hearing your recordings, I take back my statement Joel. I forgot your amp was using EL84.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids