So i got a basic music theory book been reading through it and its been talking about making music with chords. Now its talking about playing along to a drum beat but using chords to make your own music to it. it was refering to the blue scale particulary but I am unsure how this works. It talks alot about chord structures as well into making something basic. Now i get the impression that you can use diffrent scales, with chords to make a song or a beat to sorta make your own music to it. But it seems like they only take 1 note from a chord when playing. I am not sure if that was very clear at all what i just said but maybe I can sit here and clean something up if its not.
I'm not exactly sure what your asking, but it sounds like you just started playing guitar and want to play some music. Take 3 chords that go together like in the key of A (A, D & E) and sing a simple song that you know while struming the chords starting with A. Then try hitting a couple of base notes before moving to the next chord (like in Folk Music).
Yeah, it really isnt quite clear what you need help with.

Quote by Sturek
it was refering to the blue scale particulary but I am unsure how this works. .

Well I can help you with this. The Blues scale is very much similar to the Minor Pentatonic scale. It has just got an extra note, here it is tabbed out in A:

e|--------------------------------|
B|--------------------------------|
G|--------------------------------|
D|-------------------------5---7-|
A|------------5---6---7----------|
E|---5---8------------------------|

As you can see, the extra note is between notes 3 and 4, making a sort of chromatic sequence, in that it goes up in half steps. This is what gives it its bluesly quality.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
^It's normally referred to getting that 'bluesly' quality from the tritone between the tonic and diminished 5th interval.
Quote by Johnljones7443
^It's normally referred to getting that 'bluesly' quality from the tritone between the tonic and diminished 5th interval.

That as well, its just that when you play it melodically the three notes stand out.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

ok well read a bit more on it got a bit of it down, I guess like for example. The 12 blues bars, it was talking about a formula for improvising songs when playing like. Think it was the I V and VI formula to get a chord? So you would have three notes that you could play in varation to make a basic song. But unsure how to make it so there are more chords to add into the song?
Quote by Sturek
ok well read a bit more on it got a bit of it down, I guess like for example. The 12 blues bars, it was talking about a formula for improvising songs when playing like. Think it was the I V and VI formula to get a chord? So you would have three notes that you could play in varation to make a basic song. But unsure how to make it so there are more chords to add into the song?

Stop saying "like", it makes no sense when other people read it.

You have so many things mixed up that I really cant help you. Dont try and state your problem if your not actually sure yourself of what it is. Seriously, review what you are doing and see if you can fix what is going wrong. I cant even pick out what you are doing.
Quote by Robbie n strat

OK pal here lets try it this way than.

I am attempting to figure out the best way to use scale notes to improvise with a progression.

Now lets say I wanna do this in g blues scale. Using G, Bb, C, Db, D, F, G. Now I could play these notes in order from highest to lowest and probably get a good sound outa it. I also understand I could apply a diffrent rhythm to it and also get a better sound.

But what the things I am getting stuck is the following. It says I can choose three notes from the scale and play combinations of just those notes. For instance I could make a two bar sequence of notes and play it with variations througought the entire verse. Now is that correct? can I really just take any three random notes from a scale and play them out and accualy make a improvised song?

What I want as a end result is the ability to play a song thats improvised with the drum beat that I have.
it kinda sounds like you are confusing chord labels, with note labels. im not entirely sure, but thats what im kinda getting I IV and V are labels for specific chords in a key, not single notes. look at this diagram here:
Note:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7
Chord: I ii iii IV V vi vii(dim)

In C:
	  C  D  E  F  G  A  B	   C
Note:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7	   1
Chord: I ii iii IV V vi vii(dim) I
 Name  C  Dm Em F  G  Am Bdim    C
 third E  F  G  A  B  C  D	   E
 fifth G  A  B  C  D  E  F	   G

i tried to show how chords are built off of the note of their scale degrees. notice that for minor chords, the roman numerals are lower case. With the chord example i showed the chord name/root, the third and the fifth so you have all the notes in the chord. its not the best explanation or diagram, but hopefully it works. if you already knew this, sorry for repeating it.

ok, now, you can use any 3 notes from the scale to make a song. sure, but with only 3 notes you dont have a lot. as for which notes will sound best, look at the chords you are playing over. if you are using the key of C like my example and playing a I IV V progression, it would be best to look at the notes in those chords an pick ones that sound good with them. you could even pick 3 new notes per chord, like the three notes in the chord. as you become more used to improvising, you learn to use all the notes and know when to use which to good effect.
Ok i didnt read this whole tread so if someone already posted or this isnt what you were talking about sorry!..

so go to the site linked below and tell it what key to play in, then tell it what kind of progression you want and click "get" . It will then tell you what chords go with what key and sugest what scales to play overtop. Hell it even shows you how to play the chord and usually six other ways to play the same chord.
http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/chord_progressions.php
Guitarman4040
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Seagull Acoustic
VOX AD100VT combo 2x12 + 2x12cab
Shure mics
Assortment of Pedals