I've just got a few questions about my guitar, which is an Ibanez SA260FM

First thing, I took off the strap and now i'm having trouble, the screw that goes in the top of the guitar now wont go back in...it seems too big, and also there are little black pieces of soft material that were on the inside of the strap (between the body of the guitar and the strap i mean) and I'm just wondering if they have to be on to put the strap back on?
(sorry if i didn't make sense)

next, there is a lot of fretbuzz on my guitar, and I'm just wondering if there is a simple way of getting rid of it (preferably without getting the guitar set up)

which leads me onto my next question, can someone please explain how to restring a guitar with a non locking tremolo, as this is my first trem guitar...(just the bridge bit is all i need to know, how to get the strings out and how to put them back in, the headstock is the same on all guitars, except with a locking nut, i assume

Thanks for anyone who can actually make sense of all this
Kev
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve
Framus FR-212 Cab (Celestion Vintage 30's)

Dunlop Crybaby

Started playing May 28th 2005
fret buzz: raise the action (at the bridge, usually twist some screws unitil the saddle gets higher)
replacing strings: usually with a non locking tremelo, the strings go through the body and come out the other side (this happens on my strat at least), so there should be a plastic plate with 6 holes on the back of the guitar where the strings come out of.
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
ok thanks, what about the strap, any ideas?
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

u took the strap screw out of the body of the guitar, and now the screw wont grip back into the hole? and the peg wont stay on the guitar?
when this happens, u shove as many toothpicks as will fit into the hole in the guitar, shoot glue into the hole, cut off any toothpicks that stick out of the hole, and rescrew back into the toothpicks.

or is it that the cotton/nylon strap was taken off the peg and now u can get it snug on the peg because the hole in the strap is too big?
when the strap hole is too big for the peg, u need to pick up a cheap guitar lock like a plastic disk for about $2, and clip it on over the peg after placing on the strap. you can also use gatorade cap with a hole cut in the middle.

you can buy expensive strap locks, but that involves unscrewing the peg screw, see problem one.^
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Also the little bits of material you mention should be put back on. They are designed to protect the finish of the guitar from getting damaged by the strap buttons, if you screw a strap button on too hard you can damage the guitar so the material protects it a little.
^ ok thanks

jj1565: I basically took off the strap entirely and then when i tried to put the peg back on the guitar, the screw wouldn't go the whole way in, its as if the hole isn't big enough (but it must be, as it was in before)

Sorry I don't know how to explain it any better...
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

Quote by supermc
^ ok thanks

jj1565: I basically took off the strap entirely and then when i tried to put the peg back on the guitar, the screw wouldn't go the whole way in, its as if the hole isn't big enough (but it must be, as it was in before)

Sorry I don't know how to explain it any better...

Are you sure you are screwing the screw in correctly, if you accidently angle it then it will no-longer follow the correct path into the body. So it will hit solid wood and would be very hard to screw in.

Try taking the screw out, and re-screwing it.
well the screw should go all the way back in, you dont want a screw thats not flush againt the guitar, or a guitar part. or ur strap button will shake.

maybe a felt washer bit got caught up in there? shake it loose, if not then screw the screw all the way in. make sure the screwdriver is the right fit, and dont strip the screw.

Edit: yeah or if its the correct angle.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Yeah and now it seems that the bottom screw wont fit either...
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby