hi i just wondered if les trems could divebomb and if they could, how far and would my strings go out of tune quickly? thanks in advance.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
yh ive heard of a stetsbar but it costs like £2-300
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
get a digitech whammy pedal instead.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
i dont like whammy pedals
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak
yh ive heard of a stetsbar but it costs like £2-300

yer i thought it was hillariously overpriced too - i guess they were targetting pro's with that huh. hows your stagg going i've modded the crap out of mine and it's not half bad.

I don't think an LP is traditionally what you'd call a divebombing guitar so it's looking bleak on that front.

i did find this http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=9999 but the fact that it's a studio edition and a cheaper guitar might not help your cause if you're looking for that almighty be all end all guitar. however as a second guitar it doesn't look horrible.
Marty
i mean i just prefer to use an actual tremolo instead of a pedal
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
yep i wouldn't get the pedal if you wanted that i'm destroying thestrings on my guitar kinda feeling that you can only really get from a FR or FR wannabe.
Marty
i wanted one for my stagg so i could divebomb on it and keep it as a main guitar
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
lol right! i thought u meant u were getting a les paul and wanted a trem for it. for the record it's called a tunomatic bridge, incase you ever have to ask questions about it again. there's no real way to get a divebombing trem on it without buying a stets - and for that guitar it's not particularly worth it as you could buy a divebombing guitar for the price of the stets.

if you do want bridges in teh uk for your guitar for whatever reason (and any other hardware upgrades for it) http://axesrus.com/ is a great uk site with really good prices and free delivery.
Marty
i cant find any that would replace a tuneomatic stoptail like the les paul
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
yh its cos my tuneomatics perfect i just needed a tremolo
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
the kahler is a trem that can go on a lespaul and do divebombs

Quote by Gabel
Simple. It's the amp. Getting EVH tone out of a Twin Reverb is as likely as Nazis supporting jews.
Quote by guitarphillip
the kahler is a trem that can go on a lespaul and do divebombs

+1
but i need one where you dont have to route the guitar
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
you're simply not going to find an inexpensive trem that can do drastic dive bombs and stay in tune that doesn't require routing for a Les Paul.
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
ive heard of the bowen handle that can divebomb quite far for les paul style guitars but i cant find them in england. does anyone know where i could? and doesnt a les trem do anything that resembles a divebomb?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
dont get a bowen handle, they dont hold tune worth a damn, get a strets bar, they are like 300 bucks american so 160 english i guess, you dont have to cut on your guitar at all and they hold tune pretty well, getting some locking tuners would be good though, for any trem really.....