Well this is how it is: a Laney VC-15 is quite alot money for my parents as a birthday present, so im kinda looking at the alternatives. So i found this:
http://www.ceriatone.com/productSubPages/fender5E3/fender5E3Kits.htm

I know the That_pink_queen has a 5E3 kit and im really thinking about getting one.

The price would be only 2760 ($370, £185) for a package 2 kit and separate tubes. If there is a cheaper kit i won't mind (nor if its a one channel one).

Would it be good for classic rock and blues stuff? For Keith Richards, Malcom Young, Eric Clapton (Cream) and Pete Townshend sounds? I also have a Ibanez TS-9 for extra overdrive if needed. Is there any similar amp i couldtry to get what it sounds like?
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Last edited by Gabel at Sep 13, 2006,
have you built stuff like this before? youv'e gotta be very commited otherwise you'll end up abandoning it if it doesn't work. But good on you if you do start, just make sure you finish it.
Marty
Well my dad has built his own stereo and loves to build stuff with me, so we'll do it togheter.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

wel, if you can build it with out getting into trouble and ****ing it up go for it! Since its tweed you could cover the blues stuff and as you said a TS-9 for that boost! Is it only the head ya?
^Well my dad has an old EHX combo with a 1x10, so im thinkign about building it into that and then id hav a combo (and be able to use a cab).
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

then go for it I reckon, also, completly off topic, could you link me to your marshall thread!!??
If you're not in the US you will have to check the power transformer has enough taps to cater for the differnet supply voltage, and to a lesser extent it'll need to cope with the lower frequencies of most power outlets outside the US.

If you need to buy a new output transformer it probably won't be worth the costs tbh..

P.S: I havne't bothered to check the site to see if they have the necessary taps.

P.P.S: I can't actually read your PM for some reason so I don't know when I'll be able to reply. If it's urgent you could MSN me (although that's on the blink at this moment in time too.)

P.P.P.S:..... I just felt like adding this for no reason...
For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
From my Email:
Gabriel

Thanks for the email.

We ship worldwide, so our transformers are made with many types of voltages. 240 included.

So no problem, I have sent to sweden before.

Thanks!

Nik
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by power freak

P.P.P.S:..... I just felt like adding this for no reason...

pffft, n00b
I emailed Nick and since it was gonan be a birthday present he said that he'd build it for free (so id pay as if i bought a package 2 and a set of tubes).
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

What exactly do they sell? Do they sell functional, working amps (one of the options is a "full working chassis") or do they just send you the parts?
Well a kit is not competly assembled, but if you choose complete amp its assembled.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

So if I get a "complete Matchless Lightning" for example (link)

Then I could just hook it up to a cab, plug in and play??

Isn't that like a shitload cheaper than buying the "real" amp?
^I think so, everything is included. You might have adjust the right plate voltage and ohms, but other then that, yeah you could plug it in! Yeah they are alot cheaper, but theyve only got good reviews.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Awww not building it?

No fun!
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
^

Well to be honest the thing is i wnat to be able to use the amp and have no idea when my dad would have the time. Ive decieded my first kit to buil will be a Champ (for practising only!)
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band