Best British Albums of All Time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my opinion these are the top 30 British Albums to ever be released:

1. Led Zeppelin-Houses of the Holy
2. Led Zeppelin
3. Led Zeppelin IV
4. Led Zeppelin II
5. Ozzy Osbourne-Ozzmosis
6. Iron Maiden-Dance of Death
7. Led Zeppelin III
8. Led Zeppelin-Physical Graffiti
9. Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon
10. Ozzy Osbourne-No Rest for the Wicked
11. Ozzy Osbourne-No more tears
12. Led Zeppelin-In through the Out Door
13. Led Zeppelin-Presence
14. David Bowie-Ziggy Stardust
15. Black Sabbath-Black Sabbath
16. Muse-Showbiz
17. Queen-A night at the Opera
18. Iron Maiden-Brave New World
19. The Beatles-Abbey Road
20. David Bowie-Diamond Dogs
21. Pink Floyd-Wish you were here
22. Ozzy Osbourne-Blizzard of Ozz
23. Queen-A day at the races
24. Muse-Origin of Symmetry
25. The Beatles-White album
26. Iron Maiden-Seventh son of a seventh son
27. Judas Priest-Screaming for Vengeance
28. The Who-Who?s next
29. The Beatles-Sergeant Pepper?s Lonely Heart?s Club Band
30. Iron Maiden-Powerslave

discuss
Quote by skeptopotamus
There's a 30 minute grace period. It gives you time to forget again, or else you just be crouched in a dark, dusty basement corner, rocking back and forth proclaiming "I lost the game...I lost the game...I lost the game..."

Last edited by webby1990 at Sep 11, 2006,
Bugger off, i have listened too SO MANY bands, but those are the best ones!
Quote by skeptopotamus
There's a 30 minute grace period. It gives you time to forget again, or else you just be crouched in a dark, dusty basement corner, rocking back and forth proclaiming "I lost the game...I lost the game...I lost the game..."

I agree with 1st reply. You're making a list of best 30 british albums to be released out of 8 bands? 6 out of the top 8 albums from british acts of all time are from one band? 94% of the albums are ancient? Do you expect anyone to take you seriously anymore?
Quote by sprkidjar
i'll give you a rimjob.

Ibanez RGT 42 DX FM TLF
Crate GT1200 Half-stack
Boss GT8
orangeacid.net

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
but tbh, what other great british albums come out, im sticking up for the guy til i get a list of a few great recent british albums
thats cause led zep kicks ass. . .im glad this is america where you have the right to an opinion (and that bunny thing in your sig is so gay my lil sister has it)
setup:
Jackson ke-3
Peavey supreme 100

Quote by Archaon
if I ever see a greenday kid throwing up the horns while listening to greenday, I'm going to have to kick his ass. I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to throw up the horns, just not to greenday.
You appeared to have missed a couple of Clash albums...

Or maybe the clash arent in the top 30?
Quote by Flyingmojo
thats cause led zep kicks ass. . .im glad this is america where you have the right to an opinion (and that bunny thing in your sig is so gay my lil sister has it)

LOL oh, ok, you're from America, only land in the world where people can speak freely, where global warming is irrelevant, where you're the good guys and everyone else is the bad guys, and where the UK is good for going to see the queen, visiting quaint little villages and listening to very old music.

Just because we spearheaded a rock movement doesn't mean that we're trapped in the past. Open your mind a little.
Quote by sprkidjar
i'll give you a rimjob.

Ibanez RGT 42 DX FM TLF
Crate GT1200 Half-stack
Boss GT8
orangeacid.net

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
are there any zeppelin albums not on his list?
PRS Custom 24
Rivera KnuckleHead 55
Budda SuperDrive 30
Vox AC15C1
Quote by Flyingmojo
.im glad this is america where you have the right to an opinion

Damn, Im transfering to this America place, sounds wonderful! Pity here over in the UK we arent allowed opinions

Seriously, shut up you patriachal bitch.

I do however agree with the Led Zeppelin choice of albums, they really are worthy of those places.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
Hey. I'm gonna speak on behalf of about 49% of Americans (unfortunately), and say global warming ISN'T irrelevant. It is, in fact, a hot-button issue here. Unfortunately, all scientific press releases go through the white house, and the editor of science is a former oil company executive. Freedom of speech? Eh? For all the patriotism, things like the patriot act, wiretaps, censoring scientific research, etc, are a bit "pink."

On the topic. This really does seem like a slanted list. On the other hand, I couldn't justify putting Oasis over Zeppelin, in 99.9999% of cases, and I like Oasis. Also, the clash deserve a spot, if only because of the tremendous impact they had on the course of music. Also, I'd like to see the Who in the top 20. Just my 2 cents from this side of the Atlantic.

Peace.
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.

Join the revolution, GG&A.
i was saying that it is what i consider to be the top 30, and to be honest, just cause every zeppelin album is on there, it doesn't mean it isn't deserved, they are all incredible, as you probably know. and as for te clash and oasis, well i just don't enjoy them a huge amount, i mean, the clash are good, but not worthy of top 30 british albums...
Quote by skeptopotamus

There is no best albums. There are more successful albums, more popular albums and albums which you think are best but no "Best" album.

And really you should have one for each artist because otherwise, as we see here, you get far too much of one band.
Co-founder of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM me or nick dixon
Winner of the CR Best Avatar Award

Quote by bodyheatseeker
ohhh burrrrn!
That's how we roll in the CR forum.
Irritate us, and we'll sic our 14 year old on you!
You need to listen to more music.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Quote by notoriousnumber
here over in the UK we arent allowed opinions

No opinions allowed, but diversity is more than welcome
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic