Hey,

I put a deposit down on a 1983 Fender Jap Strat. From my limited Fender knowledge (i'm more of an Ibanez man) it was about this time that Jap strats really pushed USA strats for quality so i'm thinking i may have found myself a bargain...

EXCEPT... It's HSS pickups (not so weird) configuration with a Fender double locking trem (i don't think it's floyd rose cos it's only got the Fender "f" on it) i've never seen on a Fender before and the Humbucker is like an Alnico. I asked if it had been customed and the guy said "No it was designed for Heavy Metal" i didn't know that Fender made strats specifically for Heavy Metal... Also it's a bolt on neck but the back plate doesn't have the Fender ensignia on it...

Basically i'm just worried that someone's stuck a Fender neck (the headstock is black so is the scratchplate but the body is like a pink) on some random body.

I'm just asking if anyone with better Fender knowledge than myself would know of Fender making a guitar for Heavy Metal. I haven't got photos yet but i think the serial number began with EZ and ended with 76 if that helps at all.

Cheers for any help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
I know they've made mexican strats with a 'bucker in the bridge and a floyd rose but thats recently I dont know about back then but I suppose its possible
In the 80's Fender made a Heavy Metal Strat, but that was more of a superstrat- rear-routed body (no pickguard), a Floyd Rose (with "Fender" stamped on the saddles) and a H/S/H pickup configuration. I wouldn't be surprised if they made a H/S/S one. How does it feel and sound?
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
its prolly a heavy metal strat.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
It feels very comfortable, i found it in a pawn shop so they won't let me plug it in but i get my money back if i don't like it and take it back within 24 hours. It's got the Fender "f" on the volume and tone knobs as well i'm not an expert on identifying floyd roses from floyd licensed so i'm not sure about that either... but thanks for the help so far!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
Sounds like its genuine, but they won't let you plug it in? That's pretty bad. If you want to risk it and take it home, make them put the "try it for 24 hours" thing in writing- you don't want to find it has crappy electronics then take it back to find they won't give you your money back.
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile