I dont really have a clue how to start here so i just need to know if heads can be taken off combos and, if so, how?

My situation is:

I have Behringher Ultrabass 120watt amp, its a decent combo amp and the Eq as well as the ultrabass and shape filters are high quallity. But the speaker isn't great. Its a 12inch alliminum cone that cant be pushed over half volume without distorting.

I'm interested if i can take the head off the original speaker and use it to power a larger speaker. I dont wanna just use an external speaker. I want to keep the first speaker it came with in tact and somehow give it a line in so (with a power amp) it could be used as an extra floor moniter.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Never plan anything - it's much more fun to go and do something else. The most surprising thing about planning is the faliure that seems to always succeed it.

Sir John Harvey (Changed a bit - couldnt remember the original.. Meh, this one's tonnes better :P)
Right...I know it can be done, and this is what I WOULD ASSUME you have to do (this won't be 100% correct as I've never done it)

1. Un-screw head, and remove from the 'slot'
2. Un-solder joint between head and speaker
3. Remove head completely
4. Get new casing for the head
5. ...I've kind of come to a stop here as I'm not sure what you would do with the old wires that used to connect to the speaker...in theory you should be able to connect a new speaker via the external speaker socket and it work correctly, but I'm really unsure about the old wires...the most logical thing would be to remove them (again - I'm making assumptions, so seek further advice before following mine)
if the int. speak disconnects when you connect up a ext. cab, trim the speaker wires and treat the ext.spk as the speaker connection. if like my laney, it stays connected, you'll need to wire up a second jack socket to the speaker wires, and label it SPK1 or something so you dont connect it to the wrong one and blow the components to pieces
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Don't do it. Companies that manufacture combos make it very difficult to do.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.