Hey, I'm really new to this thing alright, I've only been playing for about a year. Anyways, I'm thinking of getting a better guitar, and I like the Ibanez Rg321. But some reviews urged me to upgrade the pickups. My problem is, that with no expierience, i dont know which pickups to get. Baring in mind, Im not exactly rich, so nothing too fancy.
There are a few i like, such as the emg 60 & 81, or the Seymour Duncan HB 102s, or possibly the invader. I am looking for an easy to use, but still reasonably heavy sound.
Last edited by clyrenternal at Sep 27, 2006,
JB/Jazz combo xD I really advice against a low end Ibanez though. Seriously. Save up and invest in a second hand strat/80's MIJ squier for even less. Or just save until you can get a MIJ Ibanez (prestige range).
Quote by clyrenternal
There are a few i like, such as the emg 60 & 81, or the Seymour Duncan HB 102s, or possibly the invader. I am looking for an easy to use, but still reasonably have sound.

Seymour Duncans for sure. I bought the SH Jb-4 model and i have nothing but good things to say bout it.
Gibson SG Special
Marshal AVT275x Amp
If ur looking for cheap ones, check out guitarfetish.com. THey have some nice ones for low prices.
how about you get the guitar and then decide if you need new pickups?

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318
my grandma is dying and my mum wants me to play something on bass for her, any body got any suggestions?!

Quote by splinter26
another one bites the dust has a pretty cool bass line
what's your budget, and where are you in the world (affects prices)?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
For an Ibanez?

DiMarzio Evolutions.

[/thread]
Quote by Vornik
There's nothing illogical about slavery.
Quote by Constantine
For an Ibanez?

DiMarzio Evolutions.

[/thread]

fuck off, it's not the end of the thread. I hate when arrogant wankers do that, as if they're the only ones who know the answer.

evos are good if you want a modern steve vai. and that's it. and the ones vai uses are handwound, unlike the ones dimarzio sell to shops.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
fuck off, it's not the end of the thread. I hate when arrogant wankers do that, as if they're the only ones who know the answer.

evos are good if you want a modern steve vai. and that's it. and the ones vai uses are handwound, unlike the ones dimarzio sell to shops.

Heh, It's called Humor there Dave.

Calm yourself down.
Quote by Vornik
There's nothing illogical about slavery.
^

EDIT: sometimes it's hard to tell in this place...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?