Hello

I own a VOX AD30VT Amp.
Lately The amp has become noisier when i am using overdrive. especially when i use US Highgain.

Is this normal for a $250-300 amp? I also wonder if it is the guitar. When i touch the jack at the cable the noise disapears. Why is this happening?

Here is a sample.

Is this normal? The guitar is a Epiphone Les Paul 100.

I am new to this forum so be gentle

EDIT 11/09/2006 23:09 GMT +1: It's late, and i'm going for school tomorrow. I'll respond about 15:00 GMT +1 tomorrow. When i'm back from school. Good night
Last edited by perkristian876 at Sep 11, 2006,
must be jack then dude, go over to GB&C and ask em there, or PM a mod and ask em to move this there, hten they can help sort it out.
thats a guitar problem. take it to the shop or figure it out yourself.

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318
my grandma is dying and my mum wants me to play something on bass for her, any body got any suggestions?!

Quote by splinter26
another one bites the dust has a pretty cool bass line
Quote by perkristian876
i dunno. I've tried 2 different cables. The results are always the same.

Either both the cables have a problem, or there is a loose wire at the input jack of your guitar.
Now i do live in norway.

I have noticed a piece of metal sticking out inside the jack of the amplifier. I haven't tried other guitars.
oh...right..im gunna delete that post and pretend i never said anything
It's the earth wire in the guitar. Get someone who knows what they're doing to look at it.
Quote by smb
It's the earth wire in the guitar. Get someone who knows what they're doing to look at it.

I tried to plug the amp in at the kitchen. Still when its pluged to earth connection, the noise stays the same.
Quote by perkristian876
I tried to plug the amp in at the kitchen. Still when its pluged to earth connection, the noise stays the same.

As said above it is the earth wire inside of your GUITAR, not the earth of your electricity supply. You need to get the Guitars Earth wire sorted out.
Quote by Prk Marshall
As said above it is the earth wire inside of your GUITAR, not the earth of your electricity supply. You need to get the Guitars Earth wire sorted out.

But how the hell am I going to figure that out?
Do i have to take the guitar to a shop?
^I'd say so. Take your guitar, amp and cables into a shop and they should be able to sort it all out for you.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I had this same problem a few back with mine. It's the noise gate. The ADVT series have built in noise gates. Usually, this is turned off on accident. To change it, turn off all effects and hold down the edit button. While holding it down, turn the effects level knob (The small one). The further to the left, the less noise reduction. Closer to right, more. Be careful, though. The more you have, the less sustain high notes might have. Nothing's wrong with the amp.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
Its just the wire that goes from a volume pot (which all of the electronics are grounded to), to the tremolo claw or something metal thats connected to the guitar's body. Most guitars will make a noise unless you touch something metal on the guitar (including the strings).

Edit: It sounds either its the ground connection on your guitar come loose/interferance (do you have single coils? - Being next to a TV is bad for single coils)/or an amp problem. Try turning the amp off fast and leave it a few seconds and back on again.
Last edited by madmk at Sep 11, 2006,
Quote by God Am
I had this same problem a few back with mine. It's the noise gate. The ADVT series have built in noise gates. Usually, this is turned off on accident. To change it, turn off all effects and hold down the edit button. While holding it down, turn the effects level knob (The small one). The further to the left, the less noise reduction. Closer to right, more. Be careful, though. The more you have, the less sustain high notes might have. Nothing's wrong with the amp.

What do you mean about turning all effects? Set to boutique Cl and buypass? And why is this turned off on accident? i had a videoclip from when i got the amp. i can still hear the noise. So i think it was there from the beginning.
Quote by thesumoftwo
if its a strat, just take off the back plate and see if theres a wire soldered onto the trem claw.

As said in the first thread, it's a les paul with two humbuckers.