Hey im about to get a Schecter C-1 FR and change the pickups. Right now Im leanin towards a Seymour Duncan Invader in the bridge. Does anyone know how an Invader sounds in the neck? Any other recommendations for a neck pickup? Thanks
the invader sounds like crap in the bridge. what's your budget, and where are you in the world (affects prices)?

what tones are you after? what amp do you have?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
decent budget, but i dont wanna spend $150 per pickup if i dont have to. in the US goin for a hard rock/metal tone. i love avenged sevenfold, and one of their guitarist uses invaders, and ive heard some decent reviews about em. ive also heard a few people say they're muddy... Im playin thru a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectofier.
yea through a mesa they might be a little muddy, have you looked into emgs? they are really quiet, no hum at all even under stage lights..plus you could push your mesa really hard
yeah ive read a lil bout emg's. some people like em, but ive heard they have horrible cleans...
no, they clean up fine, only the ones made to play just death metal dont clean up good..
so you reccommend emg 81/85's or what? and i dont remember, but those are active right? i prefer not to mess around w/ batteries tho.
yea, i've heard that they are muddy and i've played them in a double fat strat and they just didnt sound...right really, definately not good though. they just didnt feel right when i played them, i dont know why people like them so much.. but yea id definately check out the emg 60s,91s,and emg-ha's, they are pretty cool, check out their website too www.emginc.com
^This guys runs around and blindly suggests EMG's.
EMG's are a VERY BAD CHOICE unless you have a very nice tube amp, and you know exactly what tone you want.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Yeah, Pinks right there. If he doesn't want to mess around with batteries, why would you suggest buying EMG's? And he has said he doesn't want to spend a lot of money too.
Just buying the pickups won't make you sound like Avenged I'm sorry. You would be better going with a good set of Seymour Duncans, it's all dependant on your tastes though.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
yeah i know its not gonna turn me into synyster gates if i go buy those pickups. Ive read several places tho that invaders are really hot passive pickups good for metal, and thats sorta the direction im headed towards. but what Duncans do you reccommend random hero?
^ i'm not random hero, but I haven't tried any duncans that I thought were good for metal.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^full shreds aint bed. I like screaming demons a bunch but yeah they're not really greatest for metal. Bareknuckles are where its at for metal.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
^This guys runs around and blindly suggests EMG's.
EMG's are a VERY BAD CHOICE unless you have a very nice tube amp, and you know exactly what tone you want.

Pink > Sempri.

Anyone > Sempri.

Invaders are nice-ish. But I heard a C-1 (Classic maybe?) played not 4 hours ago that had a SH-2 Jazz in the neck. Very, very Narce.
JBs, are alright, they just need to be tweaked correctly. Stock jb come very trebley and made to suit guitar with a 250k pot instead of the normal 500k usually used for humbuckers. So taht's why the jbs are so trebley to compromise the treble loss from the pot. BUT with some pole adjustments, they become decent, the highs will still be very clear, but the lowend will punch through. It's like megadeth's tone.
Quote by Gymmeh
Pink > Sempri.

Anyone > Sempri.

Invaders are nice-ish. But I heard a C-1 (Classic maybe?) played not 4 hours ago that had a SH-2 Jazz in the neck. Very, very Narce.

ok look me and pink dont see eye to eye on alot of things, its all based on opinion though, ive played emgs through a ss amp and they sound great, nice and quiet, no matter what, even if you have a computer or some crazy lights, but they are gadged tward the gigging pro guitarist, so maby you dont really need them, and as for blindly recomending emgs, bull ive recomended them twice, maby 3 times, id like to see proof of me running around and blindly recommending emgs.. pink is out to get me i swear, ug is frickin fasist, argue with a mod and get harrassed on every thread you post on..
You said it
I've seen Pink give a higher quality of advice on many, many threads. I'm taking his side on this one. I like Dimebuckers, but apparently Dime used a Bill Lawrence (maybe L-500XL?) pickup instead and only made the Dimebucker for $$$?
I'd also agree with Lost Hippie, Bareknuckles pickups are some of the best on the market but the downside is their price. If your still set on getting an Invader in the bridge, then by all means go out and try a guitar with an Invader in the bridge. Don't let anybody talk to into/out of buying a pickup if you really want it.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Last edited by the_random_hero at Sep 15, 2006,
Quote by LockigerJunge
yeah ive heard the jazz is a good clean pick up? anyone know how the 59 sounds?

not just as good cleans, but better everything else. they're pretty transparent, though, they don't really have any tone of their own (which can be good or bad depending how good the natural tone of your guitar's wood is...)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Lost Hippie
^ Bareknuckles are where its at for metal.

which bare knuckles? anyone ever played on em?
^ i haven't tried them (well, I've tried what I suspected was a nailbomb, though the guy in the shop didn't know for sure)

the miracle man would be worth a look too...

if you do want to go for BKP's, head over to the BKP forum- www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk

but they are pretty dear, be warned (probably around $300 for two pickups)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
an open set of Mircale Men are $311 and covered set about $350
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

^ i don't think they're that much, in the USA, you get to remove VAT (about 15% of the total), which brings it to just under $300 (i think).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ value added tax- sales tax, basically. if you're in the european union, you have to pay it- if you're not, you don't.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?