Has anyone used one of these because im looking for a new amp and this one is going for a mega deal of £179 to £99. Is it one to advoid or one that is good. I play mostly joe satriani and some metal. I made a mistake before on just going by some website review on the crapy marshal MG and its was an utter load of s**t.

many thanks
i haven't tried it, but also look into roland cubes, and vox valvetronixes...

what's your budget? not much point in cheaping out and getting another POS like your MG...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
vox valvetronixes were what i was going to get till i saw this for a bit less than the vox. So i though i ask here to see what people thoughts are on them before i get the ashdown if not. i most prob get the vox. i can go up 2 £130 can't afford much at the moment becuase i need the money for insurance on my motorbike and i only have a part time job since im at college.
i guess the standard advice is then try everything you can that's up to about £150... and then buy the one you like best. try some roland cubes, voxes, the ashdown, and those new kustom ss amps are getting some nice reviews...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Master Yoda
What are the kustom ss amps.

google "kustom amps", i think they're the quad series, or something like that. i haven't tried them, though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
my friend had a kustom, it's a 2x12 combo and had all the knobs and input on the top of it
i couldn't find a simular model on musiciansfriend or ams, but i really liked it

it was like tan all over with a kustom logo on a mesh netting infront of the amp, it was a really good amp, and he got it new at a shop for about 250 which stunned me for how cheap and how great of a sound, he said it was built like a tank and he never had any real problems with it. But i've also played one of the combo's ive seen on musiciansfriend and it sucked balls....so i wouldn't get anything kustom till you get a really good test of the amp
thanks for the help i think i will go with the vox or the rolland i think they are they best bet since everyone seems to give them nice feed back. im going to the shop today to test both of them and se wich one i like best. Thanks again
yer mate goes back to the modelling debate. the ashdown looks awesome but it isn't a modelling amp and that's probably what you shuold be looking for early in the game so you can establish your own sound before you go out and buy your "real" amp.
Marty
^ cool!
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?