Hi everyone. I am currently in the process of replacing the neck of my guitar. I currently own a Stagg stratocaster and wish to get a new maple neck as i prefer the feel of them.

However, I am a little uncertain on how to attach it. I have looked closely for the ones I shall attempt to buy for the correct number of frets, length etc. But when i recieve it, should i just bolt it on straight away, or is there anything i need to measure or do? Thanks
currently playing a Stratocaster
Amp - small 15watt thing, getting 150 watt soon

My top 5 guitarists

1. David Gilmour
2. Jimi Hendrix
3. Stevie Ray Vaughan
4. Jimmy Paige
5. John Frusciante
its spelled jimmy page
noob
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
Now now, that wasn't nice was it, we all make mistakes. If you know anything about gutiars, can you answer my question, thank you

My top 5 guitarists

1. David Gilmour
2. Jimi Hendrix
3. Stevie Ray Vaughan
4. Jimmy Paige
5. John Frusciante
Well. first measure the neck, nut to the 12th fret, multiply that by 2 if you get 25.5 then you should be alright as logn as the stagg neck pockets are the same kind as regular strats
hmm, yea well i think it is the same. i will measure it when i get my new neck, and i'll post some pics

i can't wait

My top 5 guitarists

1. David Gilmour
2. Jimi Hendrix
3. Stevie Ray Vaughan
4. Jimmy Paige
5. John Frusciante
Traditionally, Strat neck pockets are 3 inches long and 2 1/8 inches wide (or about 76.2mm long and 54mm wide).

I don't know how big your new neck is, or if your Stagg neck pocket is the same side. But that those measurements are just for reference.
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Member #9 of the Samnung Has Crabs Club , PM Powerhouse to join

Custom Build
Stagg tend to stick to the asian strat knock off specs pretty damn well, you shouldn't have too many problems with it. though it seems strange to buy a new neck for a cheap guitar ...? but if you believe it's worth it then go for it!
Marty
Who cares if its a cheap guitar. Staggs are one of the nicest brands of replica guitars. Not plywood, i belive.

Gas Meter, i just came home from a holiday in edinburgh, my sis is goin 2 college there, nice town.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
Quote by ledzep1023
its spelled jimmy page
noob

Congrats, I hate you!

Anyway, with your new neck, when it comes just slam it in and start jamming, then adjust the action accordingly to how you like it, and if its too high, add a shimmy.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Quote by roast
Who cares if its a cheap guitar. Staggs are one of the nicest brands of replica guitars. Not plywood, i belive.

Wasn't knocking them man, i have one! I just wouldn't replace it's neck with a $150/£80 neck.
Marty