I just recently got into French music, mainly Edith Piaf and I was wondering if anybody else here likes that kind of music!

I'm thinking about chekcing out Serge Gainsbourg, but I'm not sure of what to get by him.

Any artists you guys would reccomend?
edit piath, all i have to say is.. BLACH

I hate most french music

EDIT: except Air and M83 <3
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Last edited by sponj at Sep 12, 2006,
Camille. I've had a slight obsession with her this year. There is not one fault on 'Le fil', the live album was a bit of a let down, and I still haven't managed to get the first album, but at some point it will end up in my hands (probably Christmas).

There's also a self-titled album by Darkel coming out soon, definitely one to check out.

Can't think at the moment, but French music is decent, but the better stuff tends to be electronic or hip hop (in my opinion).
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Jean-Francois Pauvros - La belle decisive

pretty good it is.

Edit: Very guitar driven, but sounding more like a composed piece of music rather than an individual track/song based album.
Enjoy your worries, you may never have them again.

The Books.
Last edited by balltounge at Sep 12, 2006,
Serge Gainsbourg is my hero, and one musically crazy SOB.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM Dorkus Malorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.

Please, crit my song!
Vision at the Stairs
If you want to get into Gainsbourg, go for Histoire de Melody Nelson.

We Are Wolves put on one of the most amazing live shows I've ever seen. Their recorded stuff , on the other hand, is good, but not great. They're from Montreal, though.

But hot damn, they're bloody amazing live. Bloody amazing.